Unable to delete scheduled recordings (1 Viewer)

deeztek

Portal Member
October 6, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've been trying to delete some TV scheduled recordings. I went under TV --> Schedules and deleted all the scheduled recordings. However, when I go under TV --> TV Guide and go under the days/times that the shows were previously set to record, they are still there. When I try to delete them from there, it looks like it deletes them but when I go back they are still there. What's going on here?

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi deezek I haven't had time to investigate this but it sounds familiar (either I've seen a previous post about it or a fix in the latest commits). Either way I've raised a JIRA to track this.

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Actually a more fundamental question would be which version of MP2 are you using?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    a more fundamental question would be which version of MP2 are you using?
    Not very fundamental as this is an issue from the very first beginning I've tried MP2 with TV. This never worked properly and I've reported it more than once. In meantime you sometimes (not always :confused: ) can delete a one time schedule or a complete series schedule but it's never working to delete one out of a series recording. Aside this you can not cancel a started but unwanted/unneeded recording before it is finished. When you delete a schedule first it looks as if it has worked, but when you come back next time the schedule is back again (and is executed when the time has come).

Together with the still missing schedules list orderd by time (hoped this would be available in latest weekly, bud sadly wasn't) and the missing indicator if a recording is running (the famous red dot) this are the main disadvantages MP2 TV still have compared to MP1 TV...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    or a complete series schedule but it's never working to delete one out of a series recording
    Yes, true. But I'm quite sure this worked in TVE3.5. Probably one incompatibilities of both engines.

Aside this you can not cancel a started but unwanted/unneeded recording before it is finished.
    Those actions are provided by the media model, not knowing (directly) the source of SlimTV recordings. I have to check if I can create another action for this, which is able to check if it is a currently recording program.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    But I'm quite sure this worked in TVE3.5
    I thought I remember this issue with TVE 3.5 too. As it's a long time since I last tried TVE 3.5 I'm not that sure about this. At least this also was not working with the MPExtended solution. There I'm pretty sure about so it indeed could be an issue with TVE 3.0.
    Normally you can say, who cares, go ahead and delete the recording when it's done. But deleting one (out of a series) schedule sometimes is necessary to solve conflicts if there are not enough free tuners available. As the TVE (3.0 at least) did not have any conflicts management build in (it had in the earlier days but this was broken and removed a while ago while I still was using MP1), it would be very useful if this can be fixed some not too far away day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom