[TV] Unable to delete schedules (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MediaPortal Version: SVN24281
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 Wide
    Windows Version: XP Pro - SP3
    CPU Type: Intel E4500 2x2.2Ghz
    HDD: WD green 500Gb
    Memory: 2Gb DDR2-6400
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-E7AUM-DS2H
    Video Card: Geforce 9400 IGP
    Video Card Driver: Nvidia 191.07
    Sound Card: Nvidia HDMI
    Sound Card AC3: Asus Xonar HDAV
    Sound Card Driver: Latest
    1. TV Card: Pinnacle 7010ix
    1. TV Card Type: Dual DVB-S and Dual DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver: Latest
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: NVidia
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: NVidia
    h.264 Video Codec: PowerDVD 7
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Freeview (DVB-T) / Freesat (DVB-S)
    HTPC Case: Antec Fusion
    Cooling: Scythe Mini-Ninja
    Power Supply: Antec 300W
    Remote: MCE
    TV: Panasonic 42PZ80B
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

In the latest SVN I am unable to delete individual scheduled recordings in a schedule.

so just
    • Schedule an advanced recording (say record at this time each week)
    • Go to scheduled recordings screen
    • bring up context menu and try to delete one episode

The screen flickers as if the the recording is being deleted but it gets placed straight back again. As far as I can tell this has only started happening since the EPG changes in the latest SVN

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    This problem still exists and is proving a real pain over the xmas period.

I have a few schedules like record every Wednesday at 9pm but over the holidays the program is taking a break. Previously (1.0.2 certainly) I could go into the upcoming schedules pick out the problem recordings and just cancel that episode.

Now stuck with MP recording a program which is not even on and then having to delete it.....

This has been introduced in 1.1 code

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Problem still exists in latest SVN Logs attached, I went in and selected a program that is on this and next weekend and did an advanced record each time on this channel.

In the scheuled page I can see the two episodes appear
    both.png
    notice both are there and screen showing 10 objects

If I click on the first one (which is top of the list) and select cancel this show it does dissapear from list.
    cancelling.png
    gone.png
    notice schedule has gone and objects has dropped to nine

If I try and click cancel this show on the other recording the screen flashes but the entry will not go.
    still_there.png

Checked in TVServer config app and the schedule has a line through it but no idea what this actually means...

Logs attached showing the above.

Went back and tried to delete the second episode first and this produced a very off result. The first episode vanished from the schedule but the second (highlighted one) remains :confused:

I am guessing this is related to the EPG changes to make it faster and the flags being added to the recordings. I think the correct action has posibly been taken but the GUI is showing the wrong info but I am not sure what to look for in the database. What should happen when one episode from a schedule is cancelled?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I am guessing this is related to the EPG changes to make it faster and the flags being added to the recordings. I think the correct action has posibly been taken but the GUI is showing the wrong info but I am not sure what to look for in the database. What should happen when one episode from a schedule is cancelled?
    ok looked in the database and there appears to lie the problem. Not looked at the code but I am guessing everything is driven off the canceledschedule table ?

If so I am guessing that the time entry in here should the time of the cancelled episode ? It is not , it is the start time from the schedule (ie the first recording in the schedule) which would explain why the first recording disappeared when I cancelled wither first or second recording above.

If I manually insert rows into the table with the correct start time of the episode I want to cancel it does disappear from the list.

So the wrong dateTime is being inserted into canceledSchedule

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Did a quick test with just adding a always on this channel & canceled 50% of the shows & this works just fine, but going to check more how you do it to see if it occurs in some specific way of doing things.

Regards
    Roy

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Did a quick test with just adding a always on this channel & canceled 50% of the shows & this works just fine, but going to check more how you do it to see if it occurs in some specific way of doing things.
    :D

Odd as this is 100% reproducable on my system...

Simply open up live TV (mine is set to start to TV will actually start plaing) go back to TV options screen and into schedules and bring up the context menu and cancel show.

Just tried again to be 100% sure and I attempted to cancel the highlighted show
    to_cancel.png

but the database table got
    Code:
    mysql> select * from canceledschedule;
    +--------------------+------------+---------------------+
    | idCanceledSchedule | idSchedule | cancelDateTime      |
    |                 41 |         60 | 2010-01-07 21:00:00 |
    1 row in set (0.00 sec)

when should have been 2010-01-21 09:00:00
    (first epsode in schedule was 2010-01-07 21:00:00)

Odd wonder what has triggered this then??

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Finally some success in repro it, from the Scheduled menu i wasn't able to cancel at all & therefore went into TVGuide & clicked on the next one which is to come & from that record menu tried to cancel & everything else then the canceled was removed :p so seems like we actually have some weirdo going around in there, need to test all this again....

Regards
    Roy

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Some more clear up :D
    Pretoriano has helped out testing this & found out why it sometimes work & sometimes not. Seems like in Scheduled you're able to delete within today or some hours period but not next week etc as you can when viewing from TVGuide --> Show which is recorded every time on the channel (series rec) --> right click or menu + record --> in this record screen you're able to change what you like & thats how the one in Scheduled should do too, nice finding this one lets see if it cam be fixed :D

Edit: Now added to Mantis

Regards
    Roy

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi!

plz test attached DLL.

It should work with latest public SVN if I am not mistaken.

I completely refactored the "PromptAndDeleteRecordingSchedule" method in tvhome.

So please take this for a complete test ride.

ex. of scenarious I can think of.

You can start 2 different kind of schedules.

1) one that starts recording right away, regardless of type.
    2) one that is scheduled in the future, regardless of type.

for type1:
    a) try and stop the recording from various places, ex. active recording, tvguide, my schedules etc. recordedTV.
    it should stop the rec. and have that one episode canceled, meaning it should not restart the recording.

b) also test what happens if u delete the entire schedule, while its recording.

c) try and cancel a random episode in the future, the currently recording episode should not be stopped here.

for type2:
    a) delete an entire schedule
    b) delete a future episode
    do this from various places.

add more tests...

repeat the tests for type1 and type2 for the various schedule types we have.

what are the combinations ? hehe--

It would be good if u can query the DB each time u perform one of the test actions.

/gibman

Attachments

• scheduler_0.1.zip
      30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom