[no Bug] Unable to import previous recordings into new installation (1 Viewer)

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2RC
    MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP & Default
    Windows Version: Win7 32-bit

Hi Guy's

For various reasons I've just got through a successful total re-install of MP 1.2RC. Having finished configuring the TV Server side of things I went to import my existing TV recordings (MP TV Server Configuration\Recording\Database Import) and the "Recorded files not currently in your database" box is empty. The path is correct and I've checked to make sure the files exist.:)

As I said, this is a complete new install (I've even moved from MS SQL to MySQL) so I know there can't be any reference to the recordings left in the DB.

I feel I should post logs but I don't know which one's would help here as there's no error/failure as such. If someone could offer guidence I'll post them straight away.

I've only got around 65 recordings to import so it's no big issue if I can't resolve the problem but as I've done this several times in the past without issue I'm curious as to what might be going on or what I might have missed this time around.

Cheers,

Mick

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I feel I should post logs but I don't know which one's would help here as there's no error/failure as such. If someone could offer guidence I'll post them straight away
    All logs from TV-Server.

1. Windows Start Menu
    2. Applications
    3. Team MediaPortal
    4. MediaPortal TV Server
    5. TV-Server Log-Files

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks Chris.

Logs attached.

All the best,

Mick.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    woozy, make sure that for each *.ts file in your recordings folder you do have a *.xml file, and you have TV channel with channel name from that xml.
    Indeed.
    If the xml files created by tv-server are missing, then an import is not possible since there is no data to import.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Wo0zy

How are your folders setup, can see you are timeshifting to D:\, but nothing in logs say where recording folder is.

There was a problem using the root of drive for recording, which was fixed, but may again be broken, so if not done already, you can try setting folders as.

D:\RecordedTV
    D:\RecordedTV\Timeshifting

Stop then restart tvservice, now see if the files are recognised.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks Guys,

Well, it's good to learn something every day :).

Indeed there are no xml files. None at all. So that explains it.

I really don't remember deleting them but TBH until now I wouldn't have been looking for them. I've just done a test recording with the new config and can see that they are getting created correctly so I guess I must have.

Thanks for the fast answers and sorry to be an idiot! :oops:

All the best,

Mick.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Wo0zy

How are your folders setup, can see you are timeshifting to D:\, but nothing in logs say where recording folder is.

There was a problem using the root of drive for recording, which was fixed, but may again be broken, so if not done already, you can try setting folders as.

D:\RecordedTV
    D:\RecordedTV\Timeshifting

Stop then restart tvservice, now see if the files are recognised.

Hi Ray.

Not sure why the logs are showing the timeshifting path as D:\?? I had actually set both recording and timeshifting to D:\Recorded TV (it was getting late:)). This morning when I noticed I changed it to

D:\Timeshifting

Record path was and is set to

D:\Recorded TV

Thanks for the info mate.

Cheers,

Mick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom