Unable to Navigate the MP2 Screen (1 Viewer)

Robj194

March 1, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have just installed MediaPortal2 in Windows10. I was able to find my TV channels. The first time I started MP2 I was able to watch TV. But now I cannot access the TV button.

There is no way to scroll and there is no other button that lets me search. Below is my screen. Yes, I see the scroll bar on the right, but I can't get it to do anything. I'd love to try a different skin, but there is nothing that lets me try that option. (I've looked in "MediaPortal 2 TV Configuration")

What can I do?

upload_2016-2-29_20-59-18.png

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    On the screenshot there is no focus on any of the menu tiles. So most likely another program has "stolen" the focus. And then MP2 did not react to remote. If you have a "green button" (the WMC button, not the one from teletext), you can press it and the focus should be back to MP2. Then you can scroll down!!!! to reach TV and settings menu entries.

Robj194

March 1, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I assume that when you say "WMC" that you mean Windows Media Center. But I had upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 a few weeks ago, so Windows Media Center was removed. Otherwise, I don't know what you mean by "green button".

Should I uninstall/reinstall MediaPortal2?
    Rob

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    He means the green button on your remote control, it has nothing to do with WMC software.
    Do you use mouse, remote or keyboard?

If you have a remote or keyboard just press the down button many times, as the scroll bar on the right side indicates there is more. The focus should appear after pressing a few times.

If you have a mouse, go over a button until it has focus, then scroll down to see more buttons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I never dealed in detail with this, because I needed just to connect my IRSS, install the driver and directly it worked out of the box with MP2. Maybe other users may confirm, what they did or you tell us which remote you have. There is also an input device manager within MP2 which you can try.
    I never dealed in detail with this, because I needed just to connect my IRSS, install the driver and directly it worked out of the...
    The MediaPortal2 setup guide indicates IR Remotes require IRSS. It links to this page, which indicates IRSS is compatible with...
    Replies
    Views
    Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up a running mediaportal setup. Without the logs however, I don't have a clue on what exactly is wrong...
    Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up...
    Hi there, I'm a happy long time user and am currently using MP 1.25. Up until now I had no issues with my setup. Yesterday...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 DLNA status? DE
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't know the current state of the plugin though. That's why MP2 probably never will be certified. ;) Yes, that was also the idea, but it is a big job as all TV's, software etc. seems to not do everything...
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't...
    So I'm wondering what the state of play is with MP2 and DLNA functionality? When I started this post, I did see some posts...
    Replies
    Views
    I have never used a Silicon Dust network tuner, but from reading elsewhere I have a recollection that in Silicon Dust's own configuration tool you need to select "MediaPortal" as the output destination (or something like that). So this might be worth checking (just in case I have remembered it correctly). -- from CyberSimian in the UK
    I have never used a Silicon Dust network tuner, but from reading elsewhere I have a recollection that in Silicon Dust's own...
    Hello, I am a new MP user. I recently installed MP2.3 on a HTPC running Win 7 64 bit. I have an networked Silicon Dust HDHR3-US...
    Replies
    Views
    Hey guys, though I might say that I seem to be having the same issues. Not my keyboard playing up, but my logitech G903 mouse is very unresponsive. yet to test HID demo and see what it brings up but will have to do when im back in town from work. Will be keeping any eye on this thread to see what you find.
    Hey guys, though I might say that I seem to be having the same issues. Not my keyboard playing up, but my logitech G903 mouse is...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom