"Unable to play" error with AVC codec (1 Viewer)

Martoonster

May 10, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Whenever I attempt to play any H264 video files in MediaPortal, I get an error saying, "Unable to play: blahblahfilename, Video codec: AVC, Audio codec: AAC VERSION 4L" (clips off edge of window after "4L", so there may be more).

An example file I'm trying to play:
Video:
Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)
Resolution: 720x404
Frame rate: 23.976023
Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV
Audio:
Codec: MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a)
Channels: Stereo
Sample rate: 48000 Hz

I'm using the Media Player Classic codecs. In my MediaPortal configuration, my H.264 Video decoder is MPC Video Decoder, and my AAC Audio Decoder is MPC - MPA Decoder Filter. These were recommended codecs in the MediaPortal wiki.

I have the latest driver for my video card.

The files all play fine in other player apps on the same system (VLC Media Player, Media Player Classic, etc.), and non-H264 files play fine in MediaPortal. It only has the problem when I attempt to play H264 files in MediaPortal.

Any suggestions on what I should try next?

Martoonster

May 10, 2012
Home Country
Hang on, just got a H264 file with AC3 audio to play. So it appears the problem is the audio codec, not the video.

Any tips on what I should do for an AAC audio codec?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Try the Lav filters available from the desktop MP extensions installer, these work a treat for most formats, this includes all current HD audio.

ps. you would need to uninstall any other filters, ie haali, before installing.

Martoonster

May 10, 2012
    Home Country
    Try the Lav filters available from the desktop MP extensions installer, these work a treat for most formats, this includes all current HD audio.

ps. you would need to uninstall any other filters, ie haali, before installing.
    Thanks, I'll try that. Stupid question: How do I tell what other filters I currently have installed (that I need to uninstall)?

Martoonster

May 10, 2012
    Home Country
    Woot! Thank you! I installed the Lav filters, and everything plays perfectly now!

Nebraskaguy

May 24, 2012
    Home Country
    El Salvador El Salvador
    As for me, i will get a video or audio codec from moviecodecdotcom if my player can play the video file ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom