Unable to play error (1 Viewer)

RandyKC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm confused as to why I'm getting the Unable to play:Index error when trying to play a physical Blu-Ray disc. Isn't that a Protected Disc error in the internal player? I have External Player configured to launch my purchased copy of iDeer Blu-Ray Player in the config. If I insert a standard dvd in the drive, it does launch my external player like I'd expect.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi RandyKC,

And when you put the Blu-ray disc in the player, you can play it fine? (outside MediaPortal i mean)
    If so, please post full debug logs so we can look into this.

When using the internal player, you need an on-the-fly decrypter for commercial discs, but since you're using an external player (which should do the decrypting itself) this error shouldn't pop up. Unless it's something else throwing this...

So logs please (see my signature on how to collect those) ;)

Last edited:

RandyKC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Home Country
    Yes, when not in Mediaportal, the blu-ray disc plays fine in the iDeer software. I reproduced the problem and attached the logs.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Code:
    [2013-07-21 14:56:54,711] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - BDPlayer: Exception while creating DShow graph An object or name was not found.
    [2013-07-21 14:56:54,754] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - BDPlayer:GetInterfaces() failed
    It already fails on creating the graph, so that might be encryption.

According to your BDReader log, this might be a Blu-ray with a JAVA Menu:
    Code:
    21-07-2013 14:56:54.697 [  f28]num_bdj_titles:		 61
    21-07-2013 14:56:54.699 [  f28]num_hdmv_titles:		20

And in the end we find the confirmation about the encryption:
    Code:
    21-07-2013 14:56:54.708 [  f28]CLibBlurayWrapper - Disk is encrypted, no decryption is currently supported

So it tries to play the disc with the internal player, which needs a decrypter.
    I can't see anything in the logs were it tries to start an External Player.
    Can you make a screenshot of the settings you use for this?

RandyKC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Home Country
    Ok, so additional information. If I uncheck the 'Use internal Blu-Ray player menu' checkbox in the Blu-Ray page in settings, I don't get the error any more, but it still doesn't launch the external player. It still seems to want to use the internal player and it just displays a black screen in this case. I've also attached logs for this scenario as well as screen shots of my disk settings page. Shouldn't a Blu-Ray disc use the same player settings as DVD Settings since there isn't anything in the Blu-ray settings to use an external player.

Thanks for taking a look into this by the way.

Attachments

• autoplay.png
      autoplay.png
      40.6 KB
    • external_settings.png
      external_settings.png
      48.8 KB

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    TNX for the feedback Randy,

I did some testing and i experience the same when i load an ISO file. I select YES, when the popup comes, the Blu-ray starts to play, but it uses the internal player.
    When you set up the External player in the Videos section, is does work :)
    MP Config > Videos > Video Player -> Use external player. So set it up in there, and you're good to go.

I'll go figure out if you found a bug (which i suspect), or if this is intended behavior.

Last edited:

RandyKC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Home Country
    Sorry it took so long to get back to your last question. I thought I had answered it already but must have never posted.

Yes, if I select to use external player in the video section, it then will use the external player when the BR disc is inserted. Although, that would also mean that every video would use the external player. Not what I was hoping would happen, as I was expecting that any disc inserted into the drive would launch the external player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom