Unable to play: live2-3.ts.tsbuffer (1 Viewer)

bigbo

Portal Member
July 27, 2010
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0.0
MediaPortal Skin: blue3wide
Windows Version: xp home sp3
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 3.4Gz
HDD: Samsung 250Gb and WD 250Gb
Memory: 2.5Gb
Motherboard: Medion (asus?)
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 6610 XL
Video Card Driver: 6.14.11.6906
Sound Card: onboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Medion SAA7134
1. TV Card Type: analog/DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 1.3.1.15
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Hello

I hope I have supplied all the info you need.

On opening MP and clicking on TV I get the message "Unable to play: live2-3.ts.tsbuffer" with no video or sound.
If I click on Record Now the resulting .ts file is viewable in Windows media player.
Channels are viewable in the server preview

I have tried all the suggestions given by others to similar posts, but to no avail.

Many thanks and regards
David

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    this error message just means MP has been unable to play the file. There could be a million and one things that cause this so twinturbo yours might be a very different issue

Bigbo I notice you have some errors when trying playback
    Code:
    2010-09-27 21:31:33.818492 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Failed filter:  not found
    2010-09-27 21:31:33.834116 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Failed filter:  not found
    2010-09-27 21:31:34.240330 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: TSReaderPlayer: Failed vmr9 not connected
    2010-09-27 21:31:34.302824 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: TSReaderPlayer:GetInterfaces() failed

What codecs have you set for TV? Can you try changing these and see if that helps? (I take it that you are actually watching standard ITV1 and not HD?)

bigbo

Portal Member
    July 27, 2010
    Hi Thanks for your reponse

Those error lines must have occurred when I ran mp in debug mode.
    Open in debug mode
    clicked on TV
    received error message
    Closed MP

MPEG-2 Video Decoder is set to MPC-MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest) in TV Codecs Tab
    I tried 3 other codes but they made no difference

In case it helps MP does play videos, so just TV thats effected.

Many thanks
    David

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country

Can you please try a couple of things

First can you try and record some TV. If this works (it creates a TS file can) you try playing this back via recorded tv section.

If this does not work can you try renaming the video to MKV and playing back the same recording via My Videos?

For playback can you gather logs via debug shortcut and open MP wait about 20 seconds for all the startup stuff to be done and then try playback. Whatever the result close MP and attach logs

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

I am starting to have some suspicions about this type of problem.

First of all, I tend to find that when I don't use TV for a while, and then try to play a recording or live TV, I see this sort of error more often.

I had wondered if the hard disk where the timeshift/recordings was stored had gone into an energy-saving mode, and by the time it had spun up, the MP client (either on the same machine or over the network) had given up on it.

Does this make any sense? I have my recordings and timeshift buffers on a non-system drive, so to me this seems more likely.

Is there any way we can see if this is a common factor/possibility?

Mark

bigbo

Portal Member
    July 27, 2010

Can you please try a couple of things

First can you try and record some TV. If this works (it creates a TS file can) you try playing this back via recorded tv section.
    Yes I can record a channel but it will not play in mp, i receive the message Unable to play..program name... Video Codec:MPEG VIDEO VERSION Audio Codec:MPEG AUDIO VERSION. I managed to play a .ts yesterday but not today. I have no explaination for this!

If this does not work can you try renaming the video to MKV and playing back the same recording via My Videos?
    If I rename to mkv it plays fine in Windows Media Player but I cannot see it in mp. Also upon opening mp the mkv file dissapears from the recording folder

For playback can you gather logs via debug shortcut and open MP wait about 20 seconds for all the startup stuff to be done and then try playback. Whatever the result close MP and attach logs

Please find attached logs.

Many thanks
    David

virtouz

September 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi im allso experince the same issue , what often helps is to try to record a few times ( recording allways works ) after a few small recordings of 5-10 seconds and a "fast tune" it starts to work and can work for hours.

I might try another disk and move the ts file to it to see iff it helps.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi im allso experince the same issue , what often helps is to try to record a few times ( recording allways works ) after a few small recordings of 5-10 seconds and a "fast tune" it starts to work and can work for hours.

I might try another disk and move the ts file to it to see iff it helps.

So once it has tuned once, it works for a few hours?

I change the advanced energy saving settings for my hard drive to power down after 12 hours, and so far everything seems good. Try this and please report back.

Mark

virtouz

September 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Sorry for stealing this thread , ive tryed several settings now and about 4 clients.

I got a Single seat install , iff i reboot the single seat and do not login on that computer.
    All my external clients works very good , iff i login on the single seat and starts tuning on that i get the issue at once.
    Iff i then reboot the single seat and do not login on that all, my 4 external clients works like a charm though i have to test abit more but have tested for few hours now.

I can allso reproduce the error with just start/stop tv server under manual controll. ( then need to reboot and not login to get it to work again )

The power settings didnt affect this error as far i can see ( but could be some off those settings are not loaded before login ? ) I did try having evrything all the time but still the error is reproduced onced login on the single seat)

My setup is

Single seat:
    Windows 7 x86 ultimate
    Latest Mediaportal
    Latest tv server
    Terratec synergy dvb-s2 ( latest beta driver )
    msi n210 Gfx (latest nvidia driver )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom