"Unable to play" MP3 (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It used to be an issue only with the MP session from the auto-start on boot-up but now with 1.6 even restating MP does not fix the issue.

Last edited:

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Xonar is crap, I've seen similar issues on my dev PC which has Xonar. Do you have integrated audio chip on your MB which you could test?

Also I had luck after tweaking Xonar settings, DSP Mode "HF" & "GX" disabled etc..

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the tip. If I disable all dsp modes I don't get the error but there is no sound output either.
    I have an integrated audio chip.
    Internal dshow player is still working fine.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Thanks for the tip. If I disable all dsp modes I don't get the error but there is no sound output either.
    I have an integrated audio chip.
    Internal dshow player is still working fine.

When you have no errors in logs and no sound using BASS Engine are you sure you have selected correct Sound Device? You should still post logs otherwise it's just guessing and wasting time..

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When you have no errors in logs and no sound using BASS Engine are you sure you have selected correct Sound Device? You should still post logs otherwise it's just guessing and wasting time..
    I selected the default sound device. I posted logs there.

Turns out my XONAR D2X actually died on me this week-end. It's not even two years old. Now sound levels coming out from that card are really low and I get some white noise in the speakers as the relay makes its tack sound when the drivers are loading. I'll see if I can RMA that with Asus.

I'm also contemplating getting myself one of those Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR, Zx or Z. Are they any good?
    Do they work well with BASS?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well my XONAR did not die after all I just did not plug the power input properly.
    Still I got myself that Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR and it appears to work well with BASS.
    Sounds quality is awesome, looking forward to try it some more :)[DOUBLEPOST=1391120020][/DOUBLEPOST]Note to self: next time a component is failing open your PC case before splashing out 200 bucks... :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom