"Unable to play Stream ..." on client computer. (1 Viewer)

cevacevikus

Portal Member
March 5, 2011
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hello,

I have a complete installation of MediaPortal on my livingroom computer and a client only installation on two other computers.

My problem is with the clients computers, I cannot play any live TV or any recorded TV on clients computers no matter what I do.

I keeps saying "unable to play stream x", where x changes depending on which channel I try and watch - e.g. could be 2.0 or 3.0. When I try and play a recorded program, client temporary freeze without any error, but recorded program will not start.

I try reinstall MediaPortal on server and both clients, turn off windows Firewall and turn off IPv6 on all computers.

I open the stream rtsp://192.168.1.100:554/stream3.0 via VLC, but the MediaPortal client does not open it.

I found several threads with similar problem, but there was nothing that would help me.

Thank you very much for your help with solving the problem.

MP server configuration:
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3wide
Windows Version: W7 x64 SP1
CPU Type: Athlon II X2 245e
HDD: SAMSUNG F3 1TB
Memory: 4GB DD3
Motherboard: Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H
Video Card: Integrated ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics
1. TV Card: AVERMEDIA A177
1. TV Card Type: Dual hybrid DVB-T + analog

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi cevacevikus

Yes, I've seen this problem a couple of times recently too. Ensure that you have installed the Microsoft VC++2008 32 bit redistributable. Check the "system components" tab -->here<-- for information.

mm

cevacevikus

Portal Member
    March 5, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi mm1352000,

thanks for quick reply :)

I checked everything according to this announcement before writing this post.

I had the Microsoft VC 2008 32 -bit redistributable installed, but for sure I've tried uninstalling and then installing again. Unfortunately it did not solve the problem.

cevacevikus

Portal Member
    March 5, 2011
    Home Country
    I tried to connect a client to a server with Windows XP and there was no problem, but the station with Windows XP is not sufficient for smooth playback TV...

At both stations with WIN7 x64 and WIN7 x86 I tried to uninstall all the Visual C libraries, and install only the required version, but without success.

Is there any way to solve it without reinstalling both computers?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is there any way to solve it without reinstalling both computers?
    I'm not sure what the problem is, so there is no guarantee that reinstalling would even solve the problem. I need some logs from a working client (to compare with the non-working client) to try to track the problem down...

SplatAttack

Portal Member
    May 15, 2007
    Wairarapa
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hu cevacevikus, I have just recovered from the same problem. I had a system failure and had to reinstall my server. When it came up, the server end worked fine but I couldn't get any of the clients to connect, they just came up with the "Unable to ....". After a day of tinkering, I ended up put the server's IP address in the server streaming settings, and the same IP in the clients, and it now all works. Obviously when I reinstalled the server I forgot to hard set it and so it was set to Auto. Now that I have found this, I remember doing the same thing 6 months ago and finding something tin the forums that pointed me to the solution. Cheers.

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Check RTSP is listening on the correct IP address on the server.

Check your network adapter on the server doesn't have more than 1 IP address assigned to it. (this is a known issue we're hoping to resolve for 1.2.0)

Check IPv6 is definitely disabled on the server

cevacevikus

Portal Member
    March 5, 2011
    Home Country
    Thank you for your answers, but although it's unbelievable, the problem is solved completely itself and I wonder what it was.

Everything was set up as it is written in all the posts above, I did not make any changes since my first post, and everything works.

I hoped to explain the cause of these problems and it should help others but unfortunately the causes are unknown for me. If I find something, I will write.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I hoped to explain the cause of these problems and it should help others but unfortunately the causes are unknown for me. If I find something, I will write.
    Hmmm, problems that go away without doing anything. :confused:
    Knowing the cause would definitely be good, so *please* definitely post again if you find something.

mm
    :)

cevacevikus

Portal Member
    March 5, 2011
    Home Country
    Interesting, I had to reinstall my computer and MediaPortalClient again did not work... Same error as before. After Two days, I tried MediaPortal again and suddenly it worked... Again, I did not set anything otherwise between attempts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom