"Unable to play: stream7" (1 Viewer)

Tim Sherrill

May 1, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Installed MediaPortal 1.4 on HTPC (server & client). Installed MP 1.4 on another computer (client only). The configuration was working fine.

I added aMPdroid plugin. Installed HD HomeRun Dual and set up on server. All works fine on server.

On client, I can get EPG data (so DB is connecting) but I cannot watch live TV or recorded TV. Watching Live TV I get an error like in the subject "Unable to play: stream7" where whatever follows the : may be different (like a bunch of numbers).

Hope you can help!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Tim :)

First, big thanks for going to the effort of filling in your system specs and posting logs - we really appreciate that! (y)

Now, to [what I hope will be] the solution: you need to configure the TV codecs on the client.
    According to your log files, your current TV codec configuration is:
    <entry name="audiocodec">LAV Audio Decoder</entry>
    <entry name="videocodec">Hauppauge WinTV MPEG2 Muxer</entry>
    <entry name="h264videocodec">LAV Video Decoder</entry>
    <entry name="audiorenderer">Default DirectSound Device</entry>
    <entry name="aacaudiocodec">LAV Audio Decoder</entry>
    <entry name="ddplusaudiocodec">LAV Audio Decoder</entry>

The issue is the video codec. Switch that to LAV and you should be away laughing. :)
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/9_Codecs_and_Renderer/1_TV_Codecs

mm

Tim Sherrill

May 1, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    ...hmmm...
    Checked MPEG-2 playback and Hauppauge WinTV was chosen (I used to have a Hauppauge card in this PC, but it has been removed). When I changed to LAV and restarted MP, playback works. It is slow to come on, but it started!

No need to process this further. Thanks for having a support forum and I hope the fix helps someone in the future![DOUBLEPOST=1373946552][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks mm1352000! Our posts crossed in the ether and I really appreciate you looking into this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom