Unable to play videos from a number of sites inc 4OD (1 Viewer)

fiendmish

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi There,

I hope you can help, I'm having difficulty getting a number of sites to play in Online Videos. I get the "Unable to play the video. no URL" message when accessing any video from within a category.

here are the things I have tried:

- Changing my codecs to SAF6
    - Updating all sites within site manager
    - downloading the file to try locally.

While I can get successful playback of all videos within the codec test section of Online Videos I'm not able to download a file to try that specific video out, Online videos gives me an error.

I've attached the logs of my latest attempt to download a file. Can anyone let me know what else I can do?

Thanks
    Sam

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As 4oD is broken, can you try a big site like Youtube? Which other sites don't work?

fiendmish

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi Offbyone,

Thanks for the response, I hadn't known tha 4oD wasn't working so that was where a lot of my focus was for testing, from a quick test this morning of en sites others that aren't working are: Dailymotion, afl2011, beeg.com & CBC.ca all these give the same error as 4oD did. I also tried a foreign language site in canal+ which also gave the same error.

Cheers for your help with this.

Sam

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'll fix DailyMotion (but it doesn't have high priority who uses it?), but the other sites are not maintained by me, you'd have to find the author to tell them they are broken. But the .ca site is probably region blocked for you as well. Why don't you try some major sites like YouTube, Apple, IMDB? There will never be all sites working at the same time as this is a community project and websites do change often.
    And when those big sites don't work pls attach debug logs, or we can't really help.

fiendmish

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2011
    Home Country
    The shorts in the All section play fine, it's videos in any of the other categories that don't work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom