"Unable to play" when using foobar2000 (1 Viewer)

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    EDIT: found another mean to reach my goal using advice from this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/asio-music-player-245/set-matching-speaker-configuration-58037/
    Just set Windows default speaker count setting to stereo => ReClock dynamically corrects it to match the audio channels in videos, and everything else sees the output as two channel so I can use ASIO Music Player in PureAudio plugin and my receiver correctly sees music as two channel.
    Everything finally played bit-exact and with all features working... :D:D:D

Hello.

I am getting an error when trying to use the foobar2000 External Player plugin to play music: a message box is displayed saying "Unable to play: [file]" and on second line: "Audio Codec: " but with no codec info specified.
    I have installed foobar2000 0.8.3 as instructed, and its remote control component. I can play audio in foobar2000, and I can also control it through the remote control component using HTTP commands, so both are working correctly, it's only when I try to use the MP plugin that it doesn't work.

I learned in this post by rtv : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/codecs-external-players-55/problem-foobar2000-6311/#post50996
    that the MP plugin uses Windows message passing instead of HTTP communication to control foobar2000, so I think maybe the issue lies on MP's side?
    I've tried to check in the logs if there is any indication, but all I see is this:

[ERROR][MPMain]: PlaylistPlayer: *** unable to play - [file] - skipping track!

I have attached MP's debug log, but it doesn't show much useful information.

Notes:
    - this happens with every audio type (FLAC, AAC, Vorbis, MP3)
    - when I exit MP, I can see a new playlist has been created in foobar2000 named "MPPLayList", so it seems at least some communication is taking place. foobar's console doesn't display any error messages.

Anybody still using the foobar2000 plugin with MP 1.0.2 who could help me?
    Thank you very much!

PS: as I'm sure somebody will instantly answer "Why don't you use PureAudio?", it's because it doesn't have an option (yet? ;)) to set the speaker count in the sound output device config to match the channel count in the played audio source, so stereo music is incorrectly treated as multichannel by my receiver. foobar2000 however does that (ReClock can too, but if I use DirectShow with the internal player I can't seek anymore and I lose gapless playback plus a few 100ths at the start of each track as ReClock is restarted).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom