[solved] Unable to record to NAS drive (1 Viewer)

Bunkermentality

Portal Member
October 31, 2017
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm attempting to change the recording folder to a folder on my NAS drive. I have already configured this successfully for my NextPVR IPTV service. I have changed the recording folder using the TV Server Configuration folder but the Settings in the MP2 client show both the NAS folder and the original default folder. I have also changed the account permissions for the MP2 Server service to allow access to the NAS.

When I record a program ("SOS Titanic") the file is stored in C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV (see attached screenshot).

Is what I'm attempting to to sensible and am I making any obvious mistakes?

Paul

Attachments

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Is what I'm attempting to to sensible and am I making any obvious mistakes?
    Probably the same issue as here where you had not applied the new folder to all you cards.

Don't forget to restart the MP2 Server service after redefining the folders.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi.
    Additional to the above, the "old" recordings folders stay visible as media source also you have defined new recording folder(s). But if you want you can remove the old ones in MP2 settings - media sources - configuration...

Bunkermentality

Portal Member
    October 31, 2017
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You are correct. The mis-configured card folders was causing this issue. So now I'm happily recording two and more channels direct to NAS drive. Excellent!

Thanks for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    P [solved] MP2 new install, 2 x hdhomerun tuners, client on same PC unable to view TV & recordings Newcomers Forum 8
    R [solved] Unable to delete single recording General 2
    M MP 2.2.3 Unable to play .ts recordings and MediaPortal stops working for TV viewing General 31
    porky996t Still Unable to play Live or Recorded TV General Support 4
    megahorst Unable to delete unseen recording while TV runs in the background 1.19 11
    D Unable to install 1.22 on Win 10 Newcomers Forum 9
    H Unable to play stream - again... Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    V Unable to stream : 10 General Support 0
    B Suddenly MP is unable to play anything Watch / Listen Media 6
    M Unable to map virtual sent keys in the input device management General 6
    T [solved] "Unable To Play" (Videos) rears it's head again. Logs not possible... WatchDog error attached!! :( General Support 1
    B Unable to play: Live3-0.ts issue General Support 7
    A Unable to play :stream 3 Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 1
    badboyxx Unable to play BD-Iso watch/edit Videos 7
    Steve.Rayner61 TV "Unable to play" on Client - Working until Win 10 Server upgraded to Version 1803 Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 5
    toricred Recordings Change : to _ in Series Name General 0
    P Recording films that have an "intermission" General 2
    H MP2 database won't keep in synch with recordings General 8
    toricred Only Show Actual Recordings General 1
    ajs How recreate Recording thumbs TV-Server 4
    CyberSimian [Proposal] Tool to display time of next recording MediaPortal 1 0
    Golf4 TV-Records werden als Audio-Files importiert ? Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    R Correct setting for recordings on shared folder General 0
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on most channels and on recordings from the same channels General Support 20
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on some channels and on some recordings Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 1