Unable to record TV show from schedule - Episodes not showing up (1 Viewer)

AMD

December 2, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi,

I was having this problem and really couldn't figure out what was going on. I prepared a log to post here and see if anyone could help me. Before posting I opened up the error.log file and finally figured out what was going on. I am posting here to help anyone getting the same kind of problem in the future.

When I was trying to choose a TV show in the schedule to record it (go in the schedule, right click on the TV show, select Record) the next screen that shows the list of upcoming episodes and in which I normally select Advanced Record and choose the option needed was not displaying the episodes.

This is what I found in the log file :
2012-08-25 08:47:05.864795 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: TVProgramInfo: Error in Update() - Error: StatementErrorUnclassified
Gentle.Common.GentleException: select idCanceledSchedule, idSchedule, idChannel, cancelDateTime from CanceledSchedule where idSchedule = ?idSchedule; ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Table 'canceledschedule' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

This is where being a computer engineer and Google helped.

To solve the problem, open up a MySQL client (I use Toad for MySQL).
Go into the Team MediaPortal database schema.
Use the REPAIR TABLE statement. Here it would be : REPAIR TABLE CanceledSchedule
The statement will return a Status OK on the last row.
When it is done, commit the change.

Now all is working well. So really this is a MySQL problem. The computer must have crashed and the database got corrupted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom