[TV] Unable to record/watch consecutive shows on the same channel (1 Viewer)

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Let me clarify and THANKS for all your help! The test.dll patch was a TVLibrary.dll (in the form of a .zip attachment) that was made available after RC1 was published. Folks evaluated test versions of TVLibrary.dll from this and the other thread and found the changes got ATSC tuners working... then on 4/14/10 RC2 was published. Since no one generated a bugfix the 'testing' done by folks on both of these threads has no way to get incorporated into the next RC, namely RC3.

I can see why it's difficult to pull these patches together - we post the issues on many different sub-groups and sometimes arrive at the same conclusion. I'm tring to speak out for ATSC users and asking for a bugfix so this can be fixed without having to use the ResetGraph Debug option.

As mentioned further on in the topic: It was fixed and commited in SVN before RC2. See this issue: 0002807: A/V detection for recordings is not working correctly - MediaPortal Bugtracker.

Well the rest of my previous post stands, if you still have a problem: Post all logs and test with clean RC2.

If it is the same issue i will move this thread to the RC forum to prevent this from getting lost, if it is not the same problem we have to start a new thread in the RC forum.

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I'm tring to speak out for ATSC users and asking for a bugfix so this can be fixed without having to use the ResetGraph Debug option.

Are you saying it is working with the reset graph option? If so, what is the problem with using that? Only as long as all ATSC users are required to use that option it would make sense to code it as default.

jaymode

Portal Pro
July 31, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I will try to get logs tonight/tomorrow. Basically the issue with RC2 on Windows 7 is that we need to enable the Reset Graph in DebugOptions in order to tune the same ATSC Channel/SubChannel combination consecutively.

Prior to RC2, a patch was required that changed one line in the ATSC tuning code. Mantis issue 2733 changed the ATSC tuning code so that we no longer need the changes in the ATSC tuning code, but still require the DebugOptions in order to have proper functionality.

Hope that helps.

whurlston

Portal Pro
March 4, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I would recommend starting a new thread to avoid confusion. As jaymode said, the patch that I posted on page 5 is no longer needed.

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Ok, well as stated earlier i don't really see a problem with having to use the debug option as long as not all ATSC users need to use it. So if you start a new thread i cannot guarantee that it will lead to something.

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
BTW, with the clean logs we can also investigate if the resetgraph is the real problem, or if it is just a workaround.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom