Unable to reinstall v 1.2 after uninstall (1 Viewer)

dthomson39

Portal Member
January 2, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 1.2
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Windows 7 Prof with SP1
CPU Type: Dell 2Quad CPU 2.66GHz
HDD: NVidia Stripe 1.6Tb
Memory: 4Gb
Motherboard: Dell
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX280
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Creative SB-XFi
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: TBS 8920
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:
After installing v 1.2 I discovered that the TV and TV guides did not work on any skin. I assumed I must have made a mistake when installing so did an uninstall to start again. Trouble is that the reinstallation seems to believe that MP is still installed so just goes through the checks, says everyhing is OK continues to completion but the MP application and associated files do not appear on the hard drive. Not sure wat to do now as i cannot run anything other than the installer. TV card is working fine outside MP. Any suggestions welcomed.
:confused:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi dthomson39

After installing v 1.2 I discovered that the TV and TV guides did not work on any skin. I assumed I must have made a mistake when installing so did an uninstall to start again.
    Uninstalling and reinstalling should be a last resort. I would guess there is some other problem.

Trouble is that the reinstallation seems to believe that MP is still installed so just goes through the checks, says everyhing is OK continues to completion but the MP application and associated files do not appear on the hard drive. Not sure wat to do now as i cannot run anything other than the installer. TV card is working fine outside MP. Any suggestions welcomed.
    Did you originally upgrade to 1.2.1 from a previous version, or was it a clean install?
    Are you able to do a complete uninstall?

I think logs would be *really* helpful here. You'll find them in c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Log and c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log - they're both hidden folders so paste the path into the address bar of Windows Explorer or enable viewing of hidden and system files and folders. Zip up the files in each folder and post the two zip files here.

mm

dthomson39

Portal Member
    January 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi After restarting the machine, removing a few guessed at registry entries referring to the mediaportal installation (risky I know) then reinstalling the system seemed to realise that there was no instalation already there so it installed correctly. I took me a bit of time to find the time to sort this out but now its done its working fine so thanks for the post. I am not sure what happened but I assumed that by uninstalling everything but the databases and files the fresh installation would go smoothly - anyway sorted now.
    :D

dthomson39

Portal Member
    January 2, 2009
    Home Country
    :DHi Thanks all - did a complete clean out and re-installed the application. I found it odd that I had to install a single seat version in order to get the Mediaportal application installed. Thanks for the help I am now up and running again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom