Unable to run CVS later than 8/01-06 "Solved" (1 Viewer)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    No problem at all with latest MPCVS (Yesterday) & latest Hauppauge driver.
    No BSOD since I turned off “Windows time update†& “Turn off hard drivesâ€. TV has now been on for 24 hours & still running.

Regards a happy MP user :lol:
    Roy

Jowda

Portal Member
    October 26, 2005
    Denmark
    scoop said:
    Hi,

I recently switched back to older drivers from hauppauge to solve blue screens I experienced. I haven't tried latest CVS on my HTPC with the said MCE fixes (but I intend to). I'm running with this driver now from here: http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/software/mce/mce_cd_v27a.zip

Before switching drivers with hauppauge, be sure to deinstall the TV card from the device manager, then run hcwclear.exe, reboot, run hcwclear.exe again and then install the newer/older drivers.

Kind regards,
    Michel

Sounds great Michel, i haven't tried that driver version hence that my card was delivered with the ver. 2.9 so i wil give it a try when i get home from work.

Just some more info, i tried the PVR 150 drivers without the MCE support, but it gave the same errors. I used the hcwclear.exe when performing all driver changes.

Regards Jowda

Jowda

Portal Member
    October 26, 2005
    Denmark
    Problem solved (at last)

Hi all.

Looks like i have solved my problem, stubbern as i am :lol:

Today when i came home from work, i decided to start all over with my
    installalation, and i laid on a fresh Ghost image, then the net 2.0, MP rc.o2
    then finally the latest CVS from today 26/01-06.

:lol: The setup worked, no problems at all, HMMMM odd i thought...
    I whent on installing my codecs windvd, then Elecard mpegplayer and the IMGburner, it's getting to be a rutine you know installing installing

Then i made a test on the MPsetup, and it froose up on me, right there...

:idea: One of the utils. prgs. hmmm uninstalled the IMGburner, no the prblm was still there.

Uninstalled the Elecard mpeg player, Yahooo no it works again :lol:

So it looks like that the Elecard mpgplayer has a isue regarding MP, maybe not the codecs itselves, but the program. ??? I'm not sure...

Should it be reported as a Bug ????

Hope it's something that you can use..

Regards Jowda.

Jowda

Portal Member
    October 26, 2005
    Denmark
    Use streamingpack instead.

Hi all.

Just some update on the isue, if you use the Elecard Mpeg-2 Decoder&Streaming Pack then there are no problems 8)

Regards Jowda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom