Unable to set local trailers (1 Viewer)

neo2angel

Portal Member
March 20, 2010
Hi, I'm experimenting with this plugins to happen to him since MovingPicture, because I want the option of local trailer

but and tried to configure everything as it comes on the wiki, but no way.

someone could make a mini tutorial or explain step by step?

example:

Movies folder: C: \ Movies \ 001 - titanic.mkv
Trailers folder: c: \ movies \ trailers \ 001 - titanic_trailer.avi

Pardon my English is thanks to mr google.

thank you very much

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Local trailer setup should be pretty easy. First, which catalog type do you choose? Ant Movie Catalog?

You only need to:
    1. Decide how you wish to store the local trailers - you have two choices:
      1. In the same folder as your movie - as long as the file name contains 'trl,' 'trlr', or 'trailer'
      2. in a separate trailers folder (like 'c: \ movies \ trailers ' as you say in your post)
        • If you choose the second option, then browse and select 'c: \ movies \ trailers ' (or the folder where your trailers are stored) in the Extended Trailer Search Path on the Trailer tab in Setup
    2. Select the field where you wish to use to store your trailer info (file name) - e.g. default for Ant Movie Catalog is the 'Borrower' field
    3. Before you can actually display/play your trailers you have to tell MyFilms to search for them:
      1. In MyFilms Main window go to the Menu (left arrow) and select Options > Global Updates > Search and add local trailers (all films) - this will find and add all trailers and can take a few seconds depending on the number of movies in your DB and the number of trailers.
      2. The easiest way is to add trailers for a specific movie is
        1. Go to Details (select any movie from Main window)
        2. Select Trailers from either the menu or context menu (F9 or Info/More on remote)
        3. Select Search Trailer (local) - this will add the trailers for only that movie and then you can play them from the Trailers menu. But of course then you have to do this for each movie
    Note: you only get the options to search and add trailer(s) when you have selected a field for Trailers in Setup for the configuration you are using (if you have more than one config/db).

All the above is outlined in the Wiki in the Tutorial for Trailers Setup and Using My Films > Trailers. So if you can tell me what part was not clear, I can improve it.

There is no option to 'watch' your trailer folder(s) yet for new trailers. So the 'best' method is to globally update all your movies once, then either do that again when you have added trailers, or add the new ones as you get them via the Details window.

If you have setup trailers correctly as above, and they still are not working, then please post your MyFilms.log and MyFilms.xml (config file) for Guzzi to check/debug.

Hope that helps!

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You don't need to write your trailer path in the borowser field.
    You only have to set up which field in your database should be abused as trailer field.

After this you are able to search for trailer over the MP gui.

A manual editing is normally not needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom