[confirm] Unable to tune same ATSC channel/subchannel consecutively (3 Viewers)

jaymode

Portal Pro
July 31, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
gibman and riksmith, thanks!

I just tested out the atsc_tune1 TVLibrary.dll, disabled the debugoption to resetgraph, restarted TV Server and tuning works properly. I could tune to the same channel and could tune to different channels as well. I have attached logs (doubt that they are needed).

gibman, do you mind posting the patch?

Attachments

• TVServer_atsc_tune1.zip
    30.7 KB

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
That's great! I cannot post a patch now but i know which line to remove:

In TvCardDvbBase.StopGraph() -> remove the _previousChannel = null;

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Logs look as expected, no more put_tunerequest when previous channel was same transponder.

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I too can confirm the posted TVLibrary.dll fixed the ATSC tuner issue! After first confirming it worked under Manual Control, I did a more in-depth test from the main MediaPortal application... Attached are my logs where I:

1) tuned the same station multiple times by cycling TV-off/on (hoping to illustrate the same highest-priority tuner was reused)
    2) set that program to record (to force it to IN-USE)
    3) tuned another station (causing the next priority/next free tuner to be used)
    4) switched off/on the TV to illustrate the ATSC tuner could tune the same channel, repeatedly
    5) placed that ATSC into record program

6) now I tested the analog-section of my ATi 650 Combo USB tuner to stream simultaneously with its ATSC tuner
    7) placed the analog stream (S-Video analog capture) to record​
    I'm now streaming both S-Video (analog) and ATSC from my ATi 650 Combo USB as well as an ATSC from my HDTV-Wonder to two separate HDDs!

I did notice an error log entry each time I commanded a STOP recording - I can post this in a new thread but do you know what it's indicating?

Guys - WOW... we've been all around this issue, trying to decifer the real culprit - seems like we've got it now!!! THANKS to all who have worked so dilligently on this!

Attachments

• log Using TVLibrary_dll.rar
      30.7 KB

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I too can confirm the posted TVLibrary.dll fixed the ATSC tuner issue! After first confirming it worked under Manual Control, I did a more in-depth test from the main MediaPortal application... Attached are my logs where I:

1) tuned the same station multiple times by cycling TV-off/on (hoping to illustrate the same highest-priority tuner was reused)
    2) set that program to record (to force it to IN-USE)
    3) tuned another station (causing the next priority/next free tuner to be used)
    4) switched off/on the TV to illustrate the ATSC tuner could tune the same channel, repeatedly
    5) placed that ATSC into record program

6) now I tested the analog-section of my ATi 650 Combo USB tuner to stream simultaneously with its ATSC tuner
    7) placed the analog stream (S-Video analog capture) to record​
    I'm now streaming both S-Video (analog) and ATSC from my ATi 650 Combo USB as well as an ATSC from my HDTV-Wonder to two separate HDDs!

I did notice an error log entry each time I commanded a STOP recording - I can post this in a new thread but do you know what it's indicating?

Guys - WOW... we've been all around this issue, trying to decifer the real culprit - seems like we've got it now!!! THANKS to all who have worked so dilligently on this!

A post with good logging and description has helped a lot here.

About the errors: They don't seem related so I would like you to make a new thread for that.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom