Unable to tune some channels with Ceton Eth6 (1 Viewer)

mguebert

Portal Pro
February 9, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have been working on getting MePo 1.5fina up an running with my cablecard setup. Previously I was running Sage TV.

I have been successful getting most everything working, however some channels will not timeshift or record, giving an error No PMT found.

I have tried increasing the delays for the values in the general section of the TV server. When I increase those values, I have enough time to watch the ceton internal web status page to see that the channels are successfully tuned and playing. I can tune the stations with my HDPVR and Cable box, I can also tune them in Media Center.

I have attached the logs from the tv server. Any help?

If I can gather any more information please let me know.[DOUBLEPOST=1388688801][/DOUBLEPOST]Oops posted the same log files twice. Sorry

mguebert

Portal Pro
February 9, 2010
Home Country
Additional observations, it seems most channels do tune OK. I wonder if it is a SDV problem. The TA shows working in the Ceton Diagnostics and Web page though, and it does show the channel successfully tuned and playing in the web page also.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello mguebert

I see the messages that you're referring to with [for example] Ovation TV. There is a chance that this is related to SDV.
    Could you please rescan your channels with any one of the tuners and provide fresh log files. No need to delete the channels before hand. I just want to see whether the channel information supplied by your cable provider changes or matches the information TV Server has now.

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Here ya go
    Thanks (y)

The scan looks okay to me. Continuing with the Ovation TV example, it looks like the information received for that channel is consistent with what you had already.
    Previously:
    [2014-01-02 12:38:00,198] [Log ] [32 ] [INFO ] - Controller: channel #1 ATSC:tv:Cable OVATION TV Freq:997250 ONID:12030 TSID:0 SID:412 PMT:0x0 FTA:False LCN:158 phys:158 maj:161 min:0 mod:Mod256Qam

Scan VCT info:
    [2014-01-02 16:10:33,600] [Log ] [35 ] [DEBUG] - NTT: source name, source ID = 0x2efe, name = OVATION TV, application type = False

[2014-01-02 16:10:04,497] [Log ] [35 ] [DEBUG] - S-VCT: virtual channel number = 161, application virtual channel = False, bitstream select = 0, path select = 0, transport type = Mpeg2, channel type = Normal, source ID = 0x2efe
    [2014-01-02 16:10:04,497] [Log ] [35 ] [DEBUG] - S-VCT: CDS reference = 158, program number = 0x19c, MMS reference = 4

[2014-01-02 16:09:54,025] [Log ] [35 ] [DEBUG] - S-VCT: source ID = 0x2efe, virtual channel number = 161

This probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense to you so you'll have to trust me a little.

The key pieces of information above are:
    1. Virtual channel number (AKA logical channel number, AKA major channel number)
    2. Program number (AKA service ID, AKA SID)
    For Ovation, you can see that the virtual channel number is consistent from "maj:161" and "virtual channel number = 161". This is also consistent with the channel number you're using when you tune with the HD-PVR:
    [2014-01-01 23:55:58,876] [Log ] [25 ] [INFO ] - HDPVR: Tune:-1, tv:161 Ovation TV Freq:0 Channel:161 Country:United States Tuner:Cable Video:YRYBYInput1 Audio:confused:PDIFInput1

This leaves the possibility that the program number is inconsistent or incorrect. The previous channel information and scan information match: "SID:412" and "program number = 0x19c" (hexadecimal encoding of 412). So, I can only guess that the program number is incorrect, meaning that your cable provider is not broadcasting accurate information for this channel. That could very well be due to SDV.

In the case where the program number is incorrect, it would indeed appear that tuning was successful from the Ceton/tuner web page. However, what happens is that TV Server can't find the channel in the stream from the tuner. Hence the "no PMT" or "PMT not found" messages.

I'm not sure how to progress from here.
    I guess it would be helpful to confirm that 161 is the correct channel number for Ovation.
    As I recall, there might be a way to reset the tuner channel map somewhere in the tuner web pages. Maybe on the CableCARD tab as shown here:
    http://www.missingremote.com/sites/default/files/ceton-cablecard.png

Could you please have a look and try that if you find it? You'll need to give the tuner time to rebuild the channel map, and then rescan in TV Server after that in order to check whether this makes a difference.

mm

mguebert

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2010
    Home Country
    Ok, tried what you described

Ovation is correct, in that I don't have that channel. But I am still seeing this error with some other channels like Fit TV, I did confirm it tunes correctly with channel 157 on the HDPVR

I am attaching files

Attachments

• Ceton Screen.jpg
      Ceton Screen.jpg
      240.4 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ovation is correct, in that I don't have that channel.
    You mean your cable subscription doesn't include that channel?

But I am still seeing this error with some other channels
    Okay. Could you please specify the name and/or number of one or more of these other channels. It isn't easy to spot them from log files...

[edit: Your edit beat me. Thanks, I'll take a look. :)]

mguebert

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2010
    Home Country
    Yes I dont have that channel, when I tuned it with the HDPVR it shows a no sub message, However another example is FitTV channel 157

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Perfect! Okay, so I think we're cooking with gas. :) (y)

Tuning:
    [2014-01-02 12:29:59,734] [Log ] [11 ] [DEBUG] - card: user: setuptv-109-4:4:-1 tune ATSC:tv:Cable FitTV Freq:997250 ONID:4124 TSID:0 SID:327 PMT:0x0 FTA:False LCN:158 phys:158 maj:157 min:0 mod:Mod256Qam

virtual channel number = 157
    program number = 327

Scan information:
    [2014-01-02 16:09:53,590] [Log ] [35 ] [DEBUG] - S-VCT: source ID = 0x101c, virtual channel number = 157
    [2014-01-02 16:10:04,496] [Log ] [35 ] [DEBUG] - S-VCT: CDS reference = 158, program number = 0x13a, MMS reference = 4
    [2014-01-02 16:10:04,496] [Log ] [35 ] [DEBUG] - S-VCT: virtual channel number = 157, application virtual channel = False, bitstream select = 0, path select = 0, transport type = Mpeg2, channel type = Normal, source ID = 0x101c
    [2014-01-02 16:10:32,728] [Log ] [35 ] [DEBUG] - NTT: source name, source ID = 0x101c, name = FitTV, application type = False

virtual channel number = 157
    program number = 0x13a = 314

Note the mismatching program number values.
    Your screenshot is great, because it shows that the correct program number should be 311. So not only is the saved program number different to the program number found in the scan; both still appear to be wrong. :confused:

At this point what I'd suggest is:
    1. Delete all channels and rescan to ensure all channels are completely up to date.
    2. If FitTV still doesn't work:

mm

mguebert

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2010
    Home Country
    Ok thanks for your help, here is the latest update. I deleted all of my channels on the Ceton tuners and re-scanned. The channels still didn't tune. So I set about manually edited the Program number (labeled service ID in the channel data), I had to edit 32 channels out of 280. Interestingly the channels that needed editing were all SD channels non local. What I mean by that is that there are some local HD sub channels down in the lower channel numbers, those were fine. It was ALL of the SD channels below channel 300.

Anyway all is working now, thanks a ton for the help. It was a pain re mapping all of the Argus channels but hey no pain no gain :)

Now if I can solve the client freezing issues it will be working flawless. But that is another story and I will be doing some additional troubleshooting. I will post client and server logs in another thread.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom