Unable to view Prime tv in NZ (1 Viewer)

Scott1234

Portal Member
March 26, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have been unable to watch the Prime channel here. It's the only channel with this problem. It used to glitch every few seconds, now it is simply a black screen. Recordings won't play back.

I've applied a patch from https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...eader-development.102693/page-90#post-1035833 but it made no difference to me. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Scott

Our problem was with Prime via DVB-T (Freeview HD). It looks to me like you have signal quality problems. Might pay to get your LNB, dish and cabling checked.

mm

Scott1234

Portal Member
    March 26, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks mm. I'm not sure it is a signal issue, but will check. It only started when I installed mp1.5. Prime worked fine in every other version.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Keep in mind that Prime moved from 12456H to 12707H in the last 6 months or so. Would have been about the time that 1.5 was released.
    Compare the signal quality your tuner reports for various transponders:
    12456 H (TV 3 etc.): strength = 76%, quality = 97%
    12483 H (TV 1 etc.): strength = 76%, quality = 98%
    12707 H (Prime etc.): strength = 72%, quality = 73%

Refer to lyngsat for fuller details about where each channel is.

Scott1234

Portal Member
    March 26, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Signal strength is 71, quality moves around a lot between 70 and 80. Sometimes drops to 30
    I downloaded progdvb from Tevii to see those numbers and noticed that the transponder that carries Prime now also has many encrypted sky channels along with C4 and TV3. All of the free to air channels on that transponder have the same lowish signal strength and suffer data loss. Obviously not a mediaportal problem. I wish I knew why this signal issue has only just started.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Have you had high winds? If so, the dish could have moved. It only has to move an inch for these sorts of problems to occur.
    Is it a Sky dish with an oval shaped LNB? If so, it could be the LNB dying (this is quite common).

Note: you can monitor the signal strength from MediaPortal too. F9 or right click to show the context menu, then select "tuning details".

Scott1234

Portal Member
    March 26, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks again. No high winds and dish + LNB are 18 months new, not old sky ones. Will keep tweaking and checking the connections etc.

Wondering if it is at all related to my playback of some recorded tv problem, where timeskipping hangs the picture and sound indefinitely.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In the earlier logs that you posted I could clearly see continuity errors on the server side. If you record such a stream you're bound to have problems playing it back. In other words the source of the problem is with the TV Server; playback issues are just another symptom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom