Unable to watch live TV or recorded shows (1 Viewer)

W4ATL

Portal Member
September 8, 2015
United States of America United States of America
Country flag
I really screwed up. I upgraded to Windows 10 and MediaPortal continued to work fine. I wanted to change the login so when the computer booted up i wouldn't have to enter a password. Instead I put it in a mode where I couldn't log in at all. I finally was able to create a user with the Windows 10 installation disk and give it Admin privileges so I could log into the computer. I noticed the User I was using was gone. But, the MediaPortal shortcut is there. Unfortunately, MediaPortal wouldn't run. So after doing some things I decided to do a fresh install of MediaPortal. Now the program will come up but it won't stream live tv nor will it play any of my previously recorded TV shows. I am at a loss as to what to do at this point.

Logs attached.

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    Hello W4ATL

Now the program will come up but it won't stream live tv...
    To me it looks like the TV Server side is timeshifting fine. You do have a bunch of continuity errors in your TsWriter log, but it looks like they're associated with weak signal for channel "TCT Kids (WIGL D3)". There's no problem with your other channels. Therefore, any problems you say you have with timeshifting are likely to be related to MediaPortal.

nor will it play any of my previously recorded TV shows.
    I'm not sure exactly what's going on there, but my guess is that's it's something to do with incorrectly configured permissions for accessing the network share which you're storing them on (\\HomeTheater\D\Recorded TV\).

W4ATL

Portal Member
    September 8, 2015
    Country flag
    Hello W4ATL

nor will it play any of my previously recorded TV shows.
    I'm not sure exactly what's going on there, but my guess is that's it's something to do with incorrectly configured permissions for accessing the network share which you're storing them on (\\HomeTheater\D\Recorded TV\).
    This is the problem. The new user I had to create did not have permission to access the folders. Once I gave the proper permissions to the user, the TV started to work and I can watch recorded TV. Of course, creating the new user caused other problems with sharing these folders to other computers in the Homegroup. I solved that by changing the name of the computer. But that created yet more issues with the TV server that required changing the name of the computer in the MySQL database using the procedure described here"
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/changed-pc-name-now-tv-configuration-wont-load.131122/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/changed-pc-name-now-tv-configuration-wont-load.131122/

Thanks for the help.

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    Wow, bit of a mess huh?
    ...but you're all sorted and working now, right?

W4ATL

Portal Member
    September 8, 2015
    Country flag
    A bit of a mess is an understatement. But I think I've recovered and all is working well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    P [solved] MP2 new install, 2 x hdhomerun tuners, client on same PC unable to view TV & recordings Newcomers Forum 8
    R [solved] Unable to delete single recording General 2
    M MP 2.2.3 Unable to play .ts recordings and MediaPortal stops working for TV viewing General 31
    D Unable to install 1.22 on Win 10 Newcomers Forum 9
    H Unable to play stream - again... Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    V Unable to stream : 10 General Support 0
    B Suddenly MP is unable to play anything Watch / Listen Media 6
    M Unable to map virtual sent keys in the input device management General 6
    T [solved] "Unable To Play" (Videos) rears it's head again. Logs not possible... WatchDog error attached!! :( General Support 1
    porky996t Still Unable to play Live or Recorded TV General Support 4
    B Unable to play: Live3-0.ts issue General Support 7
    A Unable to play :stream 3 Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 1
    badboyxx Unable to play BD-Iso watch/edit Videos 7
    Steve.Rayner61 TV "Unable to play" on Client - Working until Win 10 Server upgraded to Version 1803 Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 5
    megahorst Unable to delete unseen recording while TV runs in the background 1.19 11
    g0rsq Info box randomly popping up when watching TV or other video MediaPortal 2 Newcomers Forum 1
    SpudR Forum Duplicate lines in 'Watched' Website/Forum/Wiki Feedback 2
    TLD Can not watch tv from remote clients Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 19
    R Visual status of watched TV programs MediaPortal 1 Talk 2
    M How to Watch my videos from my Media Portal to My TV without TV Tuner Newcomers Forum 1
    limpwhizkid 1.22.0 Stutter and or artifact problem when recording and watching the same live tv channel 1.22 2
    K sudden complication watching recorded TV Newcomers Forum 6
    R [solved] Watching a record during recording stops sometimes 2.2 Archive 30
    Scheibes Automatischer Serienimport fehlerhaft (Share Watch) Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 18
    doskabouter Black screen while watching some iptv streams General Support 2