Unable to watch live TV or recorded shows (1 Viewer)

W4ATL

Portal Member
September 8, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I really screwed up. I upgraded to Windows 10 and MediaPortal continued to work fine. I wanted to change the login so when the computer booted up i wouldn't have to enter a password. Instead I put it in a mode where I couldn't log in at all. I finally was able to create a user with the Windows 10 installation disk and give it Admin privileges so I could log into the computer. I noticed the User I was using was gone. But, the MediaPortal shortcut is there. Unfortunately, MediaPortal wouldn't run. So after doing some things I decided to do a fresh install of MediaPortal. Now the program will come up but it won't stream live tv nor will it play any of my previously recorded TV shows. I am at a loss as to what to do at this point.

Logs attached.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello W4ATL

Now the program will come up but it won't stream live tv...
    To me it looks like the TV Server side is timeshifting fine. You do have a bunch of continuity errors in your TsWriter log, but it looks like they're associated with weak signal for channel "TCT Kids (WIGL D3)". There's no problem with your other channels. Therefore, any problems you say you have with timeshifting are likely to be related to MediaPortal.

nor will it play any of my previously recorded TV shows.
    I'm not sure exactly what's going on there, but my guess is that's it's something to do with incorrectly configured permissions for accessing the network share which you're storing them on (\\HomeTheater\D\Recorded TV\).

W4ATL

Portal Member
    September 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Hello W4ATL

nor will it play any of my previously recorded TV shows.
    I'm not sure exactly what's going on there, but my guess is that's it's something to do with incorrectly configured permissions for accessing the network share which you're storing them on (\\HomeTheater\D\Recorded TV\).

This is the problem. The new user I had to create did not have permission to access the folders. Once I gave the proper permissions to the user, the TV started to work and I can watch recorded TV. Of course, creating the new user caused other problems with sharing these folders to other computers in the Homegroup. I solved that by changing the name of the computer. But that created yet more issues with the TV server that required changing the name of the computer in the MySQL database using the procedure described here"
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/changed-pc-name-now-tv-configuration-wont-load.131122/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/changed-pc-name-now-tv-configuration-wont-load.131122/

Thanks for the help.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Wow, bit of a mess huh?
    ...but you're all sorted and working now, right?

W4ATL

Portal Member
    September 8, 2015
    Home Country
    A bit of a mess is an understatement. But I think I've recovered and all is working well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom