[solved] Unable to watch recorded TV (1 Viewer)

scouseman

Portal Member
August 20, 2015
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Country flag
Hi,

I have got a multi-seat setup, where the client and tv-server on different pc's and the recorded tv files are on a separate NAS server.
I have setup the client to login to windows with the same username that the server uses to run the tv service.
I am able to watch the recorded tv if I play it through the video section but it will not play under the recorded tv section, I get the error 'unable to play'
I have included the log files from the server and client

Any help would be most appreciated.
Cheers

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    Howdy! :)

I'll cut straight to the chase...

The TsReader log file shows the problem:
    [2016-12-10 01:21:17,572] [ d411fb8] [17c8] - Failed to get a SDP description from URL rtsp://192.168.1.3:0/C2C4BE48 Bad port number

That message is in references to the "...1.3:0/..." in the RTSP address.

In the TV service log:
    [2016-12-10 00:29:40,835] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: setup streaming
    [2016-12-10 00:29:40,867] [Log ] [TVService] [ERROR] - Exception :confused:ystem.Exception: Error initializing streaming server
    at TvLibrary.Streaming.RtspStreaming..ctor(String hostName, Int32 port)

In other words, the streaming server is not running because it was not able to start.

Please:
    1. Open TV Server Configuration.
    2. Go to the "streaming server" section.
    3. Tell us what value you have set for the streaming server port.
    Also, do you run firewall and/or network security software on the PC that TV Server is installed on?
    If yes, have you configured that software to allow TV Server's streaming server to operate?

I have setup the client to login to windows with the same username that the server uses to run the tv service.
    Note this is not relevant when the client is accessing live TV and recordings via RTSP as in your setup.

Regards,
    mm

scouseman

Portal Member
    August 20, 2015
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Country flag
    Thanks MM,
    I have solved it, the RTSP port was set to 554 so I changed it to 5544 and it worked ;)
    I am not sure why 554 was blocked though as I disabled the windows firewall.
    Cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    P [solved] MP2 new install, 2 x hdhomerun tuners, client on same PC unable to view TV & recordings Newcomers Forum 8
    R [solved] Unable to delete single recording General 2
    M MP 2.2.3 Unable to play .ts recordings and MediaPortal stops working for TV viewing General 31
    D Unable to install 1.22 on Win 10 Newcomers Forum 9
    H Unable to play stream - again... Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    V Unable to stream : 10 General Support 0
    B Suddenly MP is unable to play anything Watch / Listen Media 6
    M Unable to map virtual sent keys in the input device management General 6
    T [solved] "Unable To Play" (Videos) rears it's head again. Logs not possible... WatchDog error attached!! :( General Support 1
    porky996t Still Unable to play Live or Recorded TV General Support 4
    B Unable to play: Live3-0.ts issue General Support 7
    A Unable to play :stream 3 Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 1
    badboyxx Unable to play BD-Iso watch/edit Videos 7
    Steve.Rayner61 TV "Unable to play" on Client - Working until Win 10 Server upgraded to Version 1803 Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 5
    megahorst Unable to delete unseen recording while TV runs in the background 1.19 11
    g0rsq Info box randomly popping up when watching TV or other video MediaPortal 2 Newcomers Forum 1
    SpudR Forum Duplicate lines in 'Watched' Website/Forum/Wiki Feedback 2
    TLD Can not watch tv from remote clients Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 19
    R Visual status of watched TV programs MediaPortal 1 Talk 2
    M How to Watch my videos from my Media Portal to My TV without TV Tuner Newcomers Forum 1
    limpwhizkid 1.22.0 Stutter and or artifact problem when recording and watching the same live tv channel 1.22 2
    K sudden complication watching recorded TV Newcomers Forum 6
    R [solved] Watching a record during recording stops sometimes 2.2 Archive 30
    Scheibes Automatischer Serienimport fehlerhaft (Share Watch) Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 18
    doskabouter Black screen while watching some iptv streams General Support 2