Unhandled exception in TV Server (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think that this is a different exception to the others that have been reported. This is what happened:
    • I woke the system from hibernation.
    • From the Windows 7 desktop, I pressed the START button on the remote control to start MP 1.25f.
    • On the MP splash screen, the "Starting TV Server" text appeared unexpectedly.
    • After a long wait, the MP "Home" panel appeared.
    • Attempting to display the "Recorded TV" panel resulted in the "No connection" panel appearing.
    • Rebooting the system restored normal behaviour.
    Looking at the TV Server log (attached), I noticed an interesting combination of circumstances:
    • The system normally wakes at 06:00 to perform a manually-scheduled 30-minute recording that grabs the EPG from the broadcast datastream.
    • The EPG grabbing part usually takes 7-8 minutes.
    • The database-updating part normally takes around 20 minutes.
    • So the total time taken is typically around 27 minutes (i.e. just less than the 30-minute recording).
    • The log shows that the database-updating part was still occurring when the recording finished, and the system hibernated.
    • From a previous log, there are usually 138 occurrences of the word "inserted" for a complete EPG, but in the problem log there are only 134. So TV Server was almost at the end of updating the database, but not quite. In fact, it looks as though it was in the middle of updating the EPG entries for the "Cbeebies" channel when the system hibernated.
    The problem occurred when the system woke, and TV Server issued an SQL command which possibly failed to respond within the specified timeout:

Code:
    [2020-06-19 07:31:23,839] [Log    ] [26       ] [INFO ] - Tvservice stopped due to an unhandled app domain exception System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.TimeoutExpired(Object commandObject)
       at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallbackInContext(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()
       at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()
       at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()
       at System.Threading.TimerQueue.AppDomainTimerCallback(Int32 id)

I have had this situation occur before, but the TV Server log was not in debug mode, so it was not possible to identify possible causes of the problem.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Attachments

• tv_server_unhandled_exception.zip
      21.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom