Unhandled Exception installing 1.2.2 TVServer (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: v1.2.2
MediaPortal Skin: PureVisionHD Blue
Windows Version: Win7 Ult 64
CPU Type: Phenom II X4 955
HDD: 2TB Samsung F4
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
Motherboard: MSI 990FXA-GD80
Video Card: HD6950 2GB
Video Card Driver: 12.1
Sound Card: onboard Realtek AC97 (ALC892)
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver: 6.01.6482
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-T 500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 4.3.27240
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PDVD11
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: MS DTV-DVD
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Custom
Cooling: Scythe 120mm Bottom Intake Fan, TRUE Rev. c CPU HSF
Power Supply: Antec CP-850
Remote: Nova-T 500
TV: Sony XBR800 36"
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

Before installing 1.2.2, I renamed my existing Program Files(x86)\MP and TVServer folders and stopped the TVService. When trying to uninstall/install the TVServer, I got an unhandled exception error. I then killed the installer and ran package-tvengine.exe, which also gave an error but it seems to have installed OK.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I guess when the installer tried to uninstall it was looking for files in a particular location, but you had moved them by renaming the folders.

Clearly the ideal situation is that the installer handles this better. However, improvements to the installer are in the pipeline, hopefully for 1.3.0, so I would suggest that this is such an unusual situation that we leave it for now.

Mark

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I guess when the installer tried to uninstall it was looking for files in a particular location, but you had moved them by renaming the folders.

Clearly the ideal situation is that the installer handles this better. However, improvements to the installer are in the pipeline, hopefully for 1.3.0, so I would suggest that this is such an unusual situation that we leave it for now.

Mark

That makes sense. I thought as I'd moved the folders and was therefore doing a Fresh Install (as far as the installer was concerned), it would only try and uninstall the TV service (and I was thinking that was in the Windows folder, but checking now I can see that it's in the MP/TVServer folder), but it did indicate that the client plugin was also already installed although I'm pretty sure the error happened before it got to that.

As you say, rather unusual situation though so no point wasting time on it.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    If you select a clean install from the installer, it will handle all of this for you. Was there a reason why you moved your current installation first? You could have simply made a copy of it.

Mark

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I just thought if I renamed the folders it wouldn't be able to see them and would do a fresh install (which it did but clearly not properly) and then I could copy my plugins back. Not to mention renaming a folder is a lot quicker and takes less space than creating a copy of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom