[Bug] Unhandled Exception on exiting program and occasional system error on starting program (1 Viewer)

UKMusicLover

Portal Member
November 9, 2020
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MP2 Version
Before you create this bug report:
  1. Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System Specs.
  2. Have a look at our MediaPortal Wiki! Maybe the solution is already there.
  3. Have a look at our Jira (Bug and Issue Tracker)and the threads in this section, maybe your problem is already known.
  4. Search the forums for your problem, it's very likely that someone else already encountered the same problem.

Please always include log files with your Bug Report!
Check out our Wiki: Bug Reports and Log Files

==================================================================

Describe the Problem you encounter as detailed as possible! "It does not work" won't help the team to understand the problem.
Description:
After upgrading to Version 2.3 I find that on exiting the program I always get an Unhanded Exception error (see attachment). Sometimes when I start the program I get a System Error. I have tried repairing the installation, uninstalling and cleaning the Registry and reinstalling to no avail. The previous version of MediaPortal worked flawlessly on the same machine.

Also, how can I avoid the UAC prompt from appearing when I start MP?

Thanks.

Describe as detailed as possible the steps that are required to encounter the issue. This info is critical for the team to understand the problem.
Steps to Reproduce:

Start and exit program.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    17.1 KB
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    21.7 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your report.

Can you check if the following file exists in your installation?
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\BassLibraries\x64\Plugins\OptimFROG.dll

The 2nd message is only a subsequent error of the "missing library".

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could you expand on this issue and the fix for it? Thank you.
    In short, this one you can ignore. It's just trying to write a log message while the application itself closes...

I can imagine that some libraries are missing on your system. Can you try to download this tool: lucasg/Dependencies. Start it and open the C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\BassLibraries\x64\Plugins\OptimFROG.dll

Then please post a screenshot here. If some reference is missing I think it's highlighted red.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here is a test build: https://tinyurl.com/y3mtetpu .

I recommend to uninstall current 2.3 version first (data and config will remain untouched) and then try this new 2.3.1 test build

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom