porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Guys,

As some of you regulars will be aware I now have a central TV Server (thanks for all the help in setting it up).

I originally used my lounge based HTPC as the server. I now need to remove the TV Server only part from this PC, as all I did was to redirect the MP client part to the new hostname for the TV stream (along with changing the media folder locations). I want to leave the client the same as it is and just uninstall the TV Server element, so this unit then becomes a true client. I presume I will also need to remove MySQL too? Is there an easy way to do this, or should I just backup the MP client data folders, uninstall the whole lot, do fresh install and copy the data folders back over?

Thanks in advance.

xetic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 29, 2010
    Bonn/Alfter
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Make a Full uninstall for the TV-Server with Full DB delete...
    than you must reinstall the MP Client only with TV-Support, because with the TV-Server uninstall you uninstall the TV-Plugin for MP-Client, too. ;)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hmmm... I ended up reformatting the SSD and doing a completely fresh install of Win7, and then MP. Not what I had planned, but after removing TV Server the PC kept crashing when I tried opening MP Config. WAF now at a low..... o_O

Bernard

Portal Pro
    March 5, 2012
    Centurion
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi guys, just to add to this "old" thread. I also wanted to uninstall the TV Server only part. I also got an error, but since porky996t did not specify his error, I thought it would be useful to mention it for any other person that want to try this.
    1. I went to "Add Remove Programs" and in the list you can select the MediaPortal TV Server to unintall.
    2. It also askes if you want to unstall but keep your settings, and I just opted for a "complete uninstall" (2nd option) I did not use the 3rd because I'm worried it would delete my whole MediaPortal folder.
    3. Then it pops up a dialog with no real indication of what it is for, but after noticing that the uninstall process is waiting for me to do something, I just pressed the "Test" button (only thing you can do!). Then everything got green and a "Delete" button appeared, which finally made sense. So I deleted the MySQL db with the press of the "Delete" button.
    4. Then the uninstall continued and was completed.
    At this point I was quite happy until I tried to run MP Config, which didn't open and presented me with an error that explained that log4net was missing. So I thought, I would just reinstall/repair MediaPortal.

The setup didn't want to run because it said I already have MP 1.4.0 and cannot update it. Also taking the route through "Add Remove Programs" also did not have a "repair" option. (Only "uninstall").

So I basically just downloaded the log4net project files and then copied the log4net.dll file from the "bin\net\2.0\release" folder in the zip file that I downloaded.

So in short, it would seem that uninstalling the TV Server also removes the log4net.dll file, although it is required by MediaPortal. This I think is a bug, oversight.

SherlockS

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2009
    Zeeland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Came here because I had removed the TV-server, as I no longer needed it. So I used the Uninstall option in the start menu, and the TV-server uninstalled correctly.

After that I couldn't start, MP, MP Config or Titan editor anymore! I was just about to try downloading these log4net files when it occurred to me that it would also be possible to upgrade from 1.4 to 1.5.
    So I upgraded from 1.4 to 1.5 and then I could start MP, MP config and Titan editor again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom