Uninstalling MediaPortal completely to enable clean install. (2 Viewers)

Richard Hole

Portal Pro
March 27, 2009
Home Country
Hi

I am running MediaPortal 1.2.3.0 as I am used to using it and found a newer version more difficult to use so I prefer not to upgrade if possible.

I am having trouble trying to totally uninstall it so I can reinstall from scratch again. I need to do this so that I can get it to work again. I am not able to record TV with it any more and cannot view the TV guide. I pasted a log of the error below.
I tried the "Full MediaPortal Products cleanup" option a few times but when I reinstall it appears to have remembered the TV channels I tuned in so I assume it has not uninstalled completely because when I first installed it I had to tune these in. I can view TV programs but not record.

I also tried to use a couple of other programs to try to completely remove it. They were the free versions of Revo and ZSoft Uninstaller. Do you know of any free software or software with a free trial I can use to totally remove MediaPortal or another way to do it? Alternatively do you know a way to fix the problem? See logs below.

Regards Richard.

2018-10-01 02:45:48.318601 [EPG Update thread(14)]: Exception :Error: DeveloperErrorUnclassified
Gentle.Common.GentleException: The columns id_Schedule, idChannel, idParentSchedule, scheduleType, programName, startTime, endTime, maxAirings, priority, directory, quality, keepMethod, keepDate, preRecordInterval, postRecordInterval, canceled, recommendedCard, series in table Schedule do not exist.
at Gentle.Common.Check.FailWith(Severity severity, Error error, Exception e, String msg)
at Gentle.Common.Check.Fail(Exception e, Error error, Object[] args)
at Gentle.Common.Check.Fail(Error error, Object[] args)
at Gentle.Framework.GentleAnalyzer.UpdateObjectMap(ObjectMap map)
at Gentle.Framework.ObjectFactory.ConstructMap(PersistenceBroker broker, Type type)
at Gentle.Framework.ObjectFactory.GetMap(PersistenceBroker broker, Type type)
at Gentle.Framework.SqlBuilder..ctor(IGentleProvider provider, StatementType stmtType, Type type, LogicalOperator logicalOperator)
at Gentle.Framework.PersistenceBroker.GetRetrieveListStatement(Type type, Key key)
at Gentle.Framework.PersistenceBroker.RetrieveList[T](Key key, IList`1 result, IDbConnection conn, IDbTransaction tr)
at Gentle.Framework.PersistenceBroker.RetrieveList[T](Key key, IList`1 result)
at Gentle.Framework.Broker.RetrieveList[T](Key key, IList`1 result)
at Gentle.Framework.Broker.RetrieveList[T]()
at TvDatabase.Schedule.SynchProgramStatesForAll()
at TvService.EpgCard.UpdateDatabaseThread()

2018-10-01 02:46:43.750772 [MPMain(1)]: Exception in Schedule.Persist() with Message show columns from `schedule`
2018-10-01 02:46:43.756772 [(17)]: Exception :confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TvService.TVController.OnNewSchedule()

2018-10-01 02:48:24.754549 [EPG Update thread(5)]: Exception :Error: DeveloperErrorUnclassified
Gentle.Common.GentleException: The columns id_Schedule, idChannel, idParentSchedule, scheduleType, programName, startTime, endTime, maxAirings, priority, directory, quality, keepMethod, keepDate, preRecordInterval, postRecordInterval, canceled, recommendedCard, series in table Schedule do not exist.
at Gentle.Common.Check.FailWith(Severity severity, Error error, Exception e, String msg)
at Gentle.Common.Check.Fail(Exception e, Error error, Object[] args)
at Gentle.Common.Check.Fail(Error error, Object[] args)
at Gentle.Framework.GentleAnalyzer.UpdateObjectMap(ObjectMap map)
at Gentle.Framework.ObjectFactory.ConstructMap(PersistenceBroker broker, Type type)
at Gentle.Framework.ObjectFactory.GetMap(PersistenceBroker broker, Type type)
at Gentle.Framework.SqlBuilder..ctor(IGentleProvider provider, StatementType stmtType, Type type, LogicalOperator logicalOperator)
at Gentle.Framework.PersistenceBroker.GetRetrieveListStatement(Type type, Key key)
at Gentle.Framework.PersistenceBroker.RetrieveList[T](Key key, IList`1 result, IDbConnection conn, IDbTransaction tr)
at Gentle.Framework.PersistenceBroker.RetrieveList[T](Key key, IList`1 result)
at Gentle.Framework.Broker.RetrieveList[T](Key key, IList`1 result)
at Gentle.Framework.Broker.RetrieveList[T]()
at TvDatabase.Schedule.SynchProgramStatesForAll()
at TvService.EpgCard.UpdateDatabaseThread()

Richard Hole

Portal Pro
March 27, 2009
Home Country
I tried to uninstall MySQL as well but when I reinstalled again a message came up saying: "MySQL set password error: 1" Then it would not install the TV server. Do you have any suggestions on this or my last post above?

Regards Richard.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried to uninstall MySQL as well but when I reinstalled again a message came up saying: "MySQL set password error: 1" Then it would not install the TV server. Do you have any suggestions on this or my last post above?

Regards Richard.

After uninstalling MySQL make sure you delete the MySQL folders in Program Files/Program Files (x86) and Program Data (if you do not see the Program Data folder you need to change the view to see hidden folders). A full reinstall of MP should then work

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom