Unique performance problem with media portal interface. (1 Viewer)

mr.duck

Portal Member
December 31, 2008
MediaPortal v1.0.2

I am getting very poor performance with a very slow, sluggish and unresponsive interface. Video playback is a choppy mess as well. I am using a Via CN10000 system board which has a 1GHz Via C7 CPU. I know the hardware is to blame, but please read on...

Since I set up media player classic to play the video files instead of the built in video player, I get very smooth playback (for SD TV recordings at least). So I know the hardware is just about good enough. All I need is to use MediaPortal as the interface. Is there anything I can do to increase performance in MP? I'm thinking tweaking it for speed and disabling the eye candy. Does anyone have any other ideas that could help? Thx

mr.duck

Portal Member
December 31, 2008
BUMP

Or does anyone know of any other software that is very lightweight and can simply browse files with a 10 foot interface, and then open them with an external video player? Just like mediaportal only much more basic...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    BUMP

Or does anyone know of any other software that is very lightweight and can simply browse files with a 10 foot interface, and then open them with an external video player? Just like mediaportal only much more basic...

Old Meedio (not MeediOS) could fit into that need. Or disabling animations from MP and then using some light weight skin. Maybe someone else can point to a skin that is suitable for low end PCs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom