[confirm] "Unknown error happened" window, after switching to TV. (1 Viewer)

alexirion

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    St. Georgen im Schwarzwald
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just got a dialog window saying "Ein unbekannter Fehler ist aufgetreten" (An unknown error happened) when switching to play a TV channel. Logs attached. The problem appeared at 23:56. Closing Media Portal and starting again leads to the same error. Playing a recorded movie still worked. Stopping the TV server and starting it again solved the problem.
    A TV recording was scheduled before from 20:15-21:45, that woke up the computer from hybernate. The recording didn't work - there is no file on the disk.

--Alex

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC2
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide
    Windows Version: Windows 7 64 Bit
    CPU Type: Intel Core2 Duo @ 3GHz
    HDD: WD15EVDS 1,5TB
    Memory: 4GB DDR2-800
    Motherboard: XFX GeForce 9300
    Video Card: Geforce 9300 Onboard
    Video Card Driver: NVIDIA 8.17.11.9621
    Sound Card:
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Mystique SaTiX-S2 Dual
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    1. TV Card Driver: 1.0.0.2
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Microsoft DTV-DVD
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdShow(Video & TV)
    h.264 Video Codec: ffdShow (Video), CyberLink PDVD 9(TV)
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2
    HTPC Case: HFX classic bundle
    Cooling: BorgFX Heatpipekühler
    Power Supply: Silverstone ST-30NF, 300W
    Remote: iMON VFD
    TV: Panasonic PT-AE4000
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I just got a dialog window saying "Ein unbekannter Fehler ist aufgetreten" (An unknown error happened) when switching to play a TV channel. Logs attached. The problem appeared at 23:56. Closing Media Portal and starting again leads to the same error. Playing a recorded movie still worked. Stopping the TV server and starting it again solved the problem.
    A TV recording was scheduled before from 20:15-21:45, that woke up the computer from hybernate. The recording didn't work - there is no file on the disk.

--Alex

Hi,

Do recordings that wake the computer from hibernate usually work?

Mark

alexirion

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, usually there is no problem and I was seeing, that the computer was periodically writing to disk, so maybe something was going wrong during the recording, that caused the TV server not to work correctly anymore, but it must not be related to the TV recording. During the recording I was watching a movie from the disk and at the end I wanted to switch to TV and then I got the error message. Is there nothing in the logs that can give a hint what was wrong with the TV server?
    --Alex

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Your tv-server error log is full of the following, which is not good:

Code:
    2010-04-30 23:03:22.885742 [(15)]: Exception   :System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
       bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvDvbChannel..ctor(IFilterGraph2 graphBuilder, ConditionalAccess ca, MDPlugs mdplugs, IBaseFilter tif, IBaseFilter tsWriter, Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
       bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.GetNewSubChannel(IChannel channel)
       bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBS.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
       bei TvService.CardTuner.Tune(User& user, IChannel channel, Int32 idChannel)

And BTW, there is not 23:56 in tv.log

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This piece of code should be the code that is giving the troubles:

Code:
          _tsFilterInterface = (ITsFilter)_filterTsWriter;
          _tsFilterInterface.AddChannel(ref _subChannelIndex);

Log.Log.WriteFile("TvDvbChannel ctor new subchIndex:{0}", _subChannelIndex);

_parameters = new ScanParameters();
          _subChannelId = subChannelId;
          _conditionalAccess.AddSubChannel(_subChannelId, channel);

Since i cannot find the log line in your logs i suspect _filterTsWriter is null.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    how "easy" is it for you to reproduce this issue ?

My bet is that BuildGraph() is never called here:

tvcarddvbs.cs
    Code:
        public ITvSubChannel Tune(int subChannelId, IChannel channel)
        {
            Log.Log.WriteFile("dvbs:  Tune:{0}", channel);
            if (_graphState == GraphState.Idle)
            {
              BuildGraph();
            }

graphstate is probably != idle

/gibman

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Could you please try to reproduce again? Your logs are quite big and it would be nice to have the complete logging from start of tvserver until the point where it does not work anymore. Now there is a lot in your logging, but not all from the start. It could help a great deal in narrowing the problem down.

alexirion

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

First of all, thank you very much for helping in this issue.

Currently, I would say it's not reproducible at all. I had the "unknown error" only a very few times since testing the rc candidates. Since I don't shut down the computer the time from tv server start to the error happening can be very long. Is that a problem with logging?

Nevertheless, I will continue testing and will send new logs, when the problem appears again.

--Alex

alexirion

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys!

The same error happened again and I attached new logs. The use case was the same pattern:

The system woke up from hybernate for a scheduled tv recording. The recording goes from 20:15 - 22:00.
    In the meantime I was watching a movie from disk. At the end (2010-05-03 22:56:45.666015) I switched to live TV and then the dialog ("unknown error") appeared, again.
    At that point I saved the media portal and tv server logs (attached zip files).

Then I started media portal again, the recording from 20:15 -22:00 ("Lüg weiter, Liebling") was available in my recording folder, but trying to start resulted in the "unknown error" again - from MediaPortal2.log:

2010-05-03 23:08:47.312500 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: TSReaderPlayer: Exception while creating DShow graph Die COM-Klassenfactory für die Komponente mit CLSID {B9559486-E1BB-45D3-A2A2-9A7AFE49B23F} konnte aufgrund des folgenden Fehlers nicht abgerufen werden: 800700c1.

I tried to play another recorded movie, the same error:

2010-05-03 23:09:14.449218 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: TSReaderPlayer: Exception while creating DShow graph Die COM-Klassenfactory für die Komponente mit CLSID {B9559486-E1BB-45D3-A2A2-9A7AFE49B23F} konnte aufgrund des folgenden Fehlers nicht abgerufen werden: 800700c1.

Then I successfully started a video from my homeserver:

2010-05-03 23:09:30.508789 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: g_Player.OnStarted() \\homeserver\tvRecordings\Der_Raketenmann_09.07.14_20-15_zdf_90_TVOON_DE.mpg.HQ.avi media:Video

And another one successfully:

2010-05-03 23:09:41.955078 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: g_Player.OnStarted() \\homeserver\tvRecordings\Ocean_s_13_09.10.11_20-15_pro7_160_TVOON_DE.mpg.HQ.avi media:Video

Then I could start playing a tv recording:

2010-05-03 23:10:28.264648 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: g_Player.OnStarted() C:\ProgramData\Shared Documents\Recorded TV\Wake Up Yoga Pilates - ANIXE HD - 2010-04-07.ts media:Recording

And finally I could start playing the tv recording, that I wasn't able to play before:

2010-05-03 23:11:05.880859 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: g_Player.OnStarted() C:\ProgramData\Shared Documents\Recorded TV\Lüg weiter, Liebling - ZDF HD - 2010-05-03.ts media:Recording

And live tv was then working again also.

Everything without restarting the tv server this time.

Also interesting, in mp_tv_log.zip in error.log the message:

2010-05-03 22:00:18.025390 [scheduler thread(9)]: Exception in Program.Persist() with Message The number of returned rows 0 did not match the expected count of 1+.
    If concurrency control is enabled this may indicate that the record was updated or deleted by another process.
    2010-05-03 22:00:36.402343 [(13)]: Exception :TvLibrary.TvException: Unable to start graph

It matches exactly the time, when the recording finished.

And what is with this MovieThumbnailer stuff here ?

2010-05-03 22:57:56.488281 [ERROR][PoolThread7(7)]: Util: Error executing C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MovieThumbnailer\mtn.exe: Der Prozess muss vor dem Bestimmen der angeforderten Informationen beendet werden.

I hope some of you experts can recognize something out of it. And let me know, what to do.

Kind regards,
    --Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom