Unknown error occured (1 Viewer)

Squidmata

Portal Member
January 14, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

On a clean Win 7 install, if I use my tuners for another app (WMC, TransEdit) I lose the tuners once back in MP. I can't tune to any existing channel, channel test fails every channel and I can't rescan. This is not resolved by restarting TV Service, rebooting the machine or tweaking the firewire drivers. Last time it happened I ended up reloading a pre-MP image, I would like to avoid that if possible..:sleep:

I think the relevant error is something to do with this message - "2012-04-13 22:35:19.091665 [(7)]: Exception :TvLibrary.TvException: Unable to start graph..."

Anyone got any ideas? Logs attached.

Thanks in advance,

Squid

sunflower

Portal Pro
February 28, 2007
Cologne
Home Country
Germany Germany
I'm having the same problem, also with the firedtv boxes, except that I loose the tuner without using another app. It seemes to come from out of the blue.
I imagine a firewire problem, changed a few components (fw card, cables), but the problem is still there.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Well, if other software is using the tuners (through a service, for example, so that the application need not be running) then MP won't get access.

MP has a setting in config to disable MCE services, but you will need to make sure that you don't have other software installed that could be locking the tuner.

Squidmata

Portal Member
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Elliottmc,

It's definitely not that. I am aware of the fact that the tuners will be unavailable if used by another programme, my issue is that the tuners are now 'broken'. I have rebooted, uninstalled and re-installed drivers, re-flashed firmware etc and both tuners are dead..:unsure:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Elliottmc,

It's definitely not that. I am aware of the fact that the tuners will be unavailable if used by another programme, my issue is that the tuners are now 'broken'. I have rebooted, uninstalled and re-installed drivers, re-flashed firmware etc and both tuners are dead..:unsure:

Well, there is absolutely no way that MediaPortal could break your tuners. Perhaps someone with more relevant expertise could offer helpful suggestions.

Squidmata

Portal Member
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    It's certainly a brand new issue, and I'm sure they're not irretrievably broken but it's very odd behaviour. I have a sense, like Mr Sunflower, that it could be firewire-related..

sincze

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2011
    It's certainly a brand new issue, and I'm sure they're not irretrievably broken but it's very odd behaviour. I have a sense, like Mr Sunflower, that it could be firewire-related..

A well:
    2012-08-11 20:24:13.867506 [(3)]: Exception :TvLibrary.TvException: Unable to start graph
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.RunGraph(Int32 subChannel)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.DoTune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel, Boolean ignorePMT)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBC.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
    Out of the blue same issue. However in my case I've separate client and server. So remote desktop into the server 2 Floppy DTV's (FIRE DTV BDA DVB-C) are visible (pffieuw) even legacy IEEE present (usual the issue). Rescanning will resolve a no signal found...

My other 2 tuners Cine (From DIgital Devices) work perfectly.

Stop the TV service and restart will solve this problem for me however the Root Cause I couldn't find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom