Unusable search with keyboard (1 Viewer)

afc2007

Portal Member
April 14, 2007
Home Country
Hi guys,

I've searched for forum for an answer to this, and it may not be OnlineVideos specific. But I can not work out how to use my keyboard for searching sites (i.e. Youtube). Every time I search it just runs the keyboard shortcut. i.e pressing the letter I switches to My Pictures! It's driving me crazy and for me basically makes Online Videos unusable, because with most sites I'm searching for something specific. Searching letter by letter with the remote or arrows keys is so horribly slow!

I use MP 1.3 beta with the compatible StreamedMP skin and Online vids 1.4.00.

I also use Ampdroid to control MP which would be much, much quicker for entering searches using the Ampdroid keyboard (or my wireless keyboard) than the remote, which is painful.

My apologies if this has already been solved but I just can't find the answer anywhere.

Thanks

afc2007

Portal Member
April 14, 2007
Home Country
Would that mean I'd have to unbind every key I may want to use for searching?
My understanding is that my remote (a sunwave smr-140) uses the keyboard mappings to function.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I guess some key mappings are treated somewhat globally in MediaPortal that they even are executed when the keyboard is open.
    Please try to reproduce this problem with MyVideos - if it happens there as well, you can report as MP bug - because in Onlinevideos there is nothing I can do about it.

afc2007

Portal Member
    April 14, 2007
    Home Country
    My apologies for the late reply, I've been away.

I can't reproduce this in MyVideos as I can't seem to find a text search dialog. However I can repeat it in the TV Guide search. I tried in the Music search but got a different error (I think related to a missing .xml file in the Titan skin).

The odd thing is they don't seem to match the general mappings in MP Setup. for example m is supposed to be Mute in the general shortcuts but when I press it in a search dialog it takes me back one window eventually to Basic Home. Pressing a in TV guide search returns 2a in the search. In online vids pressing a returns aa. Truly bizarre and I wonder why no one else has noticed this or do most people just not ever use a normal keyboard?
    On top of this, the search dialog stays up overlayed on the GUI (with the GUI still responsive) until another dialog comes up to replace it.[DOUBLEPOST=1358683056][/DOUBLEPOST]Just a post that answered the question (and answered why not many others had noticed the problem). It seems it's specific to the extended mappings of the smr-140 remote. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/disable-virtual-keyboard.113518/#post-927951

If I turn that off the search works fine (but the remote doesn't (n))

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom