[News] Upcoming 1.1.0 RC2 Release (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Re: AW: Upcoming 1.1.0 RC2 Release

The RC1 does not run well for me.
    However I was able to exchange the core.dll with the one of a previous snapshot and now MP runs quite well.
    Hope that those issues are fixed by RC2.
    And how should we fix "your" issues when all the info we get from you is "it does not run well"..... :rolleyes:

There is a very good reason why we have a bugreport forum for 1.1.0 RC1 and a guideline which explains how to report issues and which info is required.

my RC1 "does run well" so I cannot confirm this issue ;)

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Upcoming 1.1.0 RC2 Release

However I was able to exchange the core.dll with the one of a previous snapshot and now MP runs quite well.
    And how should we fix "your" issues when all the info we get from you is "it does not run well"..... :rolleyes:

There is a very good reason why we have a bugreport forum for 1.1.0 RC1 and a guideline which explains how to report issues and which info is required.

Come on infinityloop!
    You stated a few posts before that this thread is not for bug reports.
    I posted the details long time ago here

Cheers
    grubi.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Upcoming 1.1.0 RC2 Release

Come on infinityloop!
    You stated a few posts before that this thread is not for bug reports.
    I posted the details long time ago here
    Did you even read my post, or the release news?
    Both are very specific about where and how issues in 1.1.0 RC1 have to be reported.

You ignore both for reasons i dont know.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Upcoming 1.1.0 RC2 Release

Did you even read my post, or the release news?
    Both are very specific about where and how issues in 1.1.0 RC1 have to be reported.

You ignore both for reasons i dont know.

Yes I read your post.
    The reason I did not post it in the bugs forum first is that I wanted to check if others have similar problems to verify this is really a common issue before polluting the bug forum with issues that are no bugs.

As I did not receive many comments on this I concluded that this seems not to be a common issue and I did not post it as a bug. The only thing I wanted to say is that RC1 did not work well for me, however the core.dll of the SVN I specified fixes it for me when running RC1.

PS: I'm somewhat picky when it comes to the term bug, cause I'm confronted with people claiming they found a bug every day who simply did not RTFM. ;)

grubi

DiePlage

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    grubi: I'm with you on that. I'd like to know whether others encountered a special problem as well prior to filing a bug report (which can be really time consuming if you want to make it good and precise).
    Unfortunately a question like "Has anyone else noticed the EPG Overlay stutter from time to time?" would immediately get you post deleted over at the RC1 forum.
    And I hate filing a complete bug report for a problem that then turns out to be a simple misconfiguration...

And "RC1 does not run well" + 1
    It just really doesn't.
    I am so much looking forward to RC2 (or any newer version than RC1)...

Cheers!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    It just really doesn't.

And without proper bug reports RC2 wont most likely run any better... it is much better to waste few minutes to do a proper bug report than just notice that some issue was not fixed in next build. Consumes teams and your time much more. If it is not a real bug, it will still save a lot of time for many other users since they see already by browsing the possible errors in the forums. When hoarding a bug report please think what it could do for others not just how it wont help your own case. After all this should be a team effort, not something that you are just having a free ride...

rexdog

Portal Member
    January 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I've been using MP for years, and i'm stoked.

I got inspired as a friend was running myth TV, and only because i couldn't get that confirgured, I did a hunt around and found MP. I followed goose's guide, and my first install was a breeze. My mate's have been envious of my htpc for years :D

Even though its buggy under W7, (and there was a warning of same), i'm keen for RC2 to see if it improves.

Once again, thanks to all of you who put in top work for a fantastic product.

:D

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Upcoming 1.1.0 RC2 Release

:D really great work. MP is amazing! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread