UPDATE - Asus My Cinema-P7131 & Dual with analog TV sign (1 Viewer)

bzamfir

Portal Member
November 1, 2005
Home Country
Romania Romania
Hi,

I'm planning to buy a tv card Asus My Cinema-P7131 & Dual
Does anyone knows how it works in MediaPortal? And how to setup it?

First of all, I need to use it with analog signal, since I don't have digital TV signal in my area.

I installed the default software (Cyberlink PowerCinema) and it works OK with analog signal. It receives the channels, time shifting and recording works.

I got teh tuner for some tests before buying, installed in PC, installed drivers. Installed latest card config XML file
Added as new card in MP, and the card selection box shows me three options: 713x BDA Analog Capture(General S/W encoding card), 713x BDA Analog Capture(General H/W encoding card), 713x BDA Digital Capture(Asus My Cinema-P7131 Dual)

I tried with all:
With Generic S/W I tuned in chanels, but it I get no sound (probably I have to put an audio cable between TV tuner audio cable between header on tuner card and my sound card). But this works in software mode, and time shifting is not working (also I cannot use hardware encoding)
With Generic H/W and Asus My Cinema selections I cannot receive any channel.

Do I miss something? Any setting?

Thanks for help

sachie

Portal Member
November 5, 2005
Hi Mate,

Any chance you could send me your card definitions as I cannot see "713x BDA Digital Capture(Asus My Cinema-P7131 Dual)" in my list of card types.

Cheers
Sachie

bzamfir

Portal Member
November 1, 2005
Home Country
Romania Romania
card definitions

You should download and install the latest CaptureCardDefinitions.xml, announced in the messages from 15-October-2005 posted on main mediaportal web page

sachie

Portal Member
November 5, 2005
Sweet that worked a treat! All I have to do now is work out why I can't hear sound when I click timeshifting or record a program until I replay it? I will have a look around on the forums.

Thanks again

Sachie

bzamfir

Portal Member
November 1, 2005
Home Country
Romania Romania
Hi,

Is it working for you with analog signal, with hardware compression? Or with DBV-T?

I don't have DBV-T signal, and otherwise it works only in software mode, where I cannot use time shifting and hardware recording

sachie

Portal Member
November 5, 2005
Hi mate,

I haven't tried the analog signal. It works just fine using the DVB-T signal. ONly trouble I have is that it seems to cut out the sound when using Time shifting or recoding. Upon playing back the sound come out fine.

Also I have noticed that the picture seems to freeze up quite often when looking through the TV guide. I'm sure with a bit of tinkering i will get it sorted. Thing it also might help when I get my 6800 GT back from the suppliers as I'm using a Radeon 8500 at the moment and its a lot less pokey.

Thanks again for all your help and let me know if you want me to try anything out for you.

Cheers
Sachie

sachie

Portal Member
November 5, 2005
I also noticed that in Media Portal it does not list the following channels when I perform a scan:

The Hits
FTN
TMF

does anyone know why I can receive these channels in other PVR applications and not Media Portal? Does anyone have the frequencys of these channels?

Cheers
Sachie

sachie

Portal Member
November 5, 2005
I managed to sort it out with a little guess work.

I went into Showshifter that I also have installed. I checked and the frequency's of the channels TMF, The Hits and FTN and they were all using 570167khz.

So I then edited the dvbt.xml file in the Channel Tuning folder under

<country name="UK - All Regions" offset="167">

I changed:

<carrier frequency="570000" bandwidth="8" />

to:

<carrier frequency="570167" bandwidth="8" />

and then rescanned and got the channels I wanted plus 5 others! Yipee!!

Cheers
Sachie

uzbek

November 24, 2005
Hi folks,
the link to definition file gives 404 error. Can someone reupload it pliz on rapidshare or something like this?

My asus is not working with MediaPortla at all. I am not that pc noobie, but this is my first tuner. i can't get it working...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom