Update error: "Automatic update disabled. Check your internet connection" (1 Viewer)

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Good evening all,

I am getting an error dialog when Online Videos opens : "Error in update: "Automatic update disabled. Check your internet connection"". I believe I am not the first to have this.

I've had this a while - months rather than weeks. I would consider upgrading my version of MP and Online Videos but that sets off compatibility issues elsewhere, particularly with iMON so I am stuck with what I have for now. I am also on Windows 7 still.

If it is anything to do with adding the TLS 1.2 key into the registry, I have already done that (and I am not sure that has done anything at all anyway)

Can anyone offer some help on this, or perhaps post some configuration files for a direct cut and paste?

Many thanks
    RH

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    do you have an onlinevideos.log for me to check if I can see anything?

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to get back to me.
    Attached log.

The url opens fine on that machine if pasted into Internet Explorer but according to the log there is an error when OnlineVideos tries to open it.

Also, as you will see, the videos are opening without a hitch.

Kind regards
    RH

Attachments

• OnlineVideos.log
      12.6 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hm, I think I spoke too soon...
    That url is indeed redirecting to https and after that failing on tls stuff.
    Videos with http urls will indeed play fine, but https probably don't work...
    Somehow you have to enable tls1.2 on that machine....
    Sadly for me it's a loong time ago I did that on my win7 machines so can't remember how I did that.
    If you ever find out, perhaps its good to share that in the faq?

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    Somehow you have to enable tls1.2 on that machine....

The attached link is very helpful on this matter. Unfortunately I am still encountering the same problem, and I wonder if some kind soul who is operating Online Videos on Windows 7 might kindly screenshot their Advanced Internet Options from Control Panel, for me to compare with mine?... Just in case it is something stupidly obvious that I have done... ... the relevant bit I think is the Security section right at the bottom on the Advanced tab

Many thanks
    RH

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think this part is the most interesting:
    1621965113623.png

kb3140245 is not installed (but perhaps a different one which includes this patch)
    exact version:
    1621965327938.png

Let me know if you need more...

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    Let me know if you need more...

Thank you for spending your time on this. I have added TLS 1.1 and 1.2 apparently successfully but am still tripping over. I have SP1 installed, the patch and have even copied your settings.

I have stumbled over this article:

The bit about ciphers is what I have just been looking at. I have looked at my registry for the registry value....
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Cryptography\Configuration\SSL\00010002:Functions

and it doesn't even exist !
    So much for creating the registry keys to remove the 'DisabledByDefault' issue, it looks like there may be more to it.

Please would you have a look for that cipher key in your registry if you can and tell my what the DWORD/QWORD values are for Functions?

I will try adding them and see if that gets me over the hurdle.

Thanks again
    RH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom