Update movie database with info from IMDB automatically (from folder names) (1 Viewer)

mehepsk

January 18, 2009
Hi,
Is it possible to automatically fetch move information from IMDB based on the folder name? If so, how?

My movies lie in their own folder with the movie name, but the file/files inside is named cd1.iso or VIDEO_TS or something similar, so the auto fetch feature doesn't work since it cannot find a movie named cd1/VIDEO_TS. I have some movies with the correct filename and they have gotten IMDB info correctly, but the rest isn't getting any info :(

It must be possible to do this somehow?

I've searched the forums, but couldn't find anything useful..

btw, if this is the wrong forum, could a mod move it?

Thanks in advance for all answers:)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there

There is an option in Configuration; Videos where you can specify that each movie has its own folder. I am not using it myself so I can't give much more info on it, but worth a try.

solis66

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi mehepsk
    I have done a modification of the original MyVideos that does some of what you want. It requires you to replace WindowPlugins.dll but it has some small advantages over the original:

This WindowPlugins.dll now supports:
    * Enhanced stacking option, allows files including name.cd1.avi (with a dot) to get stacked, not only [_- ]cd1.

* Option to not show the filestackingdialog that asks you which part to play, just resume or start from the beginning. (default: Not show dialog)

* Option to scan movies at IMDB (or similar) with foldername instead of filename as search option. It is now possible to exclude files or folder that contains specific strings, like 'sample' to avoid some weird results from search. (Default: Use foldername).

* OneClickOption. If folder contains only one movie, there is no need to drill down into this folder and then click on the movie. This fixes this. If folder has files like:
    /MovieName/movie.avi
    /MovieName/movie-sample.avi, it's possible to exclude the sample file with the
    exclude option, or a folder named sample (or whatever, configurable). (Default: on)

* It removes some strings like divx, dvdrip and so on, from the imdb searchstring

The downloadfile includes the Windowplugins.dll and a small tool to configure all settings.
    Replace the original WindowPlugins.dll in <MP-path>\plugins\windows\, or rename the old one first.
    Put MyModdedVideosConfig.dll in <MP-path>\plugins\process\.

Now there is possible to configure these settings in MP Configuration - plugins - processplugins - Modded MyVideos.
    All this is configurable of course.

The only thing it does not support that you might want is support for is stacked movies in different folders like:
    \movie\cd1\file.avi
    \movie\cd2\file.avi

Otherwise I can recommend you to try it

Original thread: Possible to scan folders instead of files

Download here

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom