Update Subtitle MPC-HC Engine (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks Seb, I tested your v2 on .mkv files with .srt and .ass subs and it works fine.

However I have an issue with squeezed subtitles when using the setting Position relative to video frame. I think we discussed this issue a long time ago so it's not a problem of this patch.

Let's see some screenshots to show you what I mean. I compared the setting in MediaPortal and MPC-HC application:
    1. MediaPortal - Position relative to video frame turned off - Normal:
      View attachment 118672
    2. MediaPortal - Position relative to video frame turned on - Squished:
      View attachment 118671
    3. MPC-HC - Position relative to video frame turned off - Normal:
      View attachment 118674
    4. MPC-HC - Position relative to video frame turned on - Normal:
      View attachment 118673
    As you can see, MPC-HC moves and shrinks the subtitle (i guess it is compressed both vertically and horizontally) but MediaPortal just compress it vertically.

Do you think it's possible to get MediaPortal to behave like MPC-HC? :)

Hi,

Should be fixed and confirmed by you (@vuego)
    So i will update first post with new bin (Git already updated)

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    TNX for the sample mironicus! That helped a lot. I just installed the branch on my Test system and tried to reproduce your issue, which i can! It's related to the dshowhelper.dll file. When i replace the file in the HomeY branch with the 1 from the 1.3Beta release, the issue is gone, so it's not related to the Subtitle code ;)

If you use the attached (1.3Beta) dshowhelper, your problem should be fixed.

@Owlsroost might need to look into this.

Hello! The problem with the delayed subtitles appeared again and no one noticed it until now.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/update-subtitle-mpc-hc-engine.113293/page-2#post-947431

And the provided dshowhelper.dll from 1.3 beta solves the problem. That problem also existed in Mediaportal 1.5,1.6,1.7,1.8 and I had to use this old dll every time.

But it also seems to produce stutter during playback so it's not a good solution to use this old file for general use.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    A very long time ago (3 years?), I had some fun-and-games with a few users concerning stutter when TV (DVB) subtitles were enabled, so the timing of the subtitle timestamp stream (from EVR presenter to MP rendering engine) was adjusted to eliminate that. This was way back when the dshowhelper dev thread was active.

I have no idea how (or if) that 'timestamp stream' is used to control the 'MPC-HC' generated subtitle timing - never seen a question about it until now.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom