Update to 1.0.1 but all 7000 episodes gone! (1 Viewer)

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    [Update: Upon investigation, it is clear that my database is corrupt and it's not due to the update. Moral: Back up your datbases if you don't want a lengthy rebuild!]

I did a normal update from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1. I don't use SVNs so it should just be a straightforward activity.

All 7000+ episodes have disappeared out of MyTVSeries.

Checking the config util, there aren't any listed in the Details tab.
    The Import tab still shows the correct import mask that I use.
    I hit the refresh button and it found all 7000 episodes, all ready to import. (?)
    I clicked Start Import and it failed. See attached log.

I deleted the database via the "Empty" button on the Details screen.
    The "Start Import" button was labellbed "Cancel Import" indicating that it still thought it was importing.

I exited and re-entered the config and re-ran the import.
    The log window shows the same "CORRUPT" error line:
    Commit failed on this command: <update online_series SET HasLocalFiles_Temp=0> (SQLiteClient: cmd:sqlite3_finalize err:CORRUPT detailed:database disk image is malformed query:update online_series SET HasLocalFiles_Temp=0).

This is AFTER I hit the "Empty" button and restarted the config util.

Up until tonight, TVSeries has run perfectly as 1.0.0 so there's no database corruptions. I've got a backup of the database file if it's of use.

Attachments

• Errors.txt
      30.6 KB

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    ok. will try an SVN release of TVSeries.

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Btw. I think a 2.2 stable will come out very shortly. Remember to update your skin as well, there has been lots of changes.

Btw. mine works fine

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    No luck. Updated to SVN 2.1.3387 and get the same sort of errors.

I'm not really sure I'm clear on the logic of all this. MP1.0.1 has been released, but there's no version of TVSeries that works with it? I think it's more likely that there's a problem with my database and the new versions of TVSeries.

Obviously I can delete the database and start from scratch with a new one, but this will take between 4 and 6 hours (I have many MANY previous experiences having to do this so I know how long it takes).

I'm really hoping that I don't have to do this yet again, just because MP or TVSeries has been updated. That would imply that anyone with a large database has to lose it, and the hours of work in it, every time there's an update.

ARGH.

According to the log below, there's some sort of corruption.

Before we all jump to the conclusion that it's that simple, remember that up until about 2 hours ago, everything was working fine. The database works totally normally. There hasn't been so much as a glitch in operation for months now. Clearly, the updated TVSeries config util has got a problem with the older database. Perhaps there was a conversion that got done, that I've missed out on because I haven't been using SVN releases?

:

00000001 - 11/04/2009 11:23:16 PM - Switched LogLevel to: Normal
    00000001 - 11/04/2009 11:23:16 PM - MP-TVSeries Version: v2.2.3387
    00000001 - 11/04/2009 11:23:16 PM - MP-TVSeries Build Date: 10/04/2009 8:34:27 PM
    00000001 - 11/04/2009 11:23:16 PM - Successfully opened database 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Database\TVSeriesDatabase4.db3'
    00000001 - 11/04/2009 11:23:28 PM - Commit failed on this command: <select online_series.ID, online_series.Pretty_Name, online_series.SortName, online_series.Status, online_series.Genre, online_series.BannerFileNames, online_series.CurrentBannerFileName, online_series.Summary, online_series.OnlineDataImported, online_series.AirsDay, online_series.AirsTime, online_series.Actors, online_series.BannersDownloaded, online_series.HasLocalFiles, online_series.HasLocalFiles_Temp, online_series.GetEpisodesTimeStamp, online_series.UpdateBannersTimeStamp, online_series.isFavourite, online_series.WatchedFileTimeStamp, online_series.UnwatchedItems, online_series.EpisodeCount, online_series.EpisodesUnWatched, online_series.language, online_series.banner, online_series.FirstAired, online_series.IMDB_ID, online_series.zap2it_id, online_series.EpisodeOrders, online_series.choosenOrder, online_series.ContentRating, online_series.Network, online_series.Rating, online_series.Runtime, online_series.SeriesID, online_series.added, online_series.addedBy, online_series.fanart, online_series.lastupdated, online_series.poster, online_series.myRating, online_series.PosterFileNames, online_series.PosterBannerFileName, online_series.NetworkID, local_series.Parsed_Name, local_series.ID, local_series.ScanIgnore, local_series.DuplicateLocalName, local_series.Hidden from online_series left join local_series on local_series.ID==online_series.ID where local_series.DuplicateLocalName = 0 order by upper(online_series.Pretty_Name)> (SQLiteClient: cmd:sqlite3_finalize err:CORRUPT detailed:database disk image is malformed query:select online_series.ID, online_series.Pretty_Name, online_series.SortName, online_series.Status, online_series.Genre, online_series.BannerFileNames, online_series.CurrentBannerFileName, online_series.Summary, online_series.OnlineDataImported, online_series.AirsDay, online_series.AirsTime, online_series.Actors, online_series.BannersDownloaded, online_series.HasLocalFiles, online_series.HasLocalFiles_Temp, online_series.GetEpisodesTimeStamp, online_series.UpdateBannersTimeStamp, online_series.isFavourite, online_series.WatchedFileTimeStamp, online_series.UnwatchedItems, online_series.EpisodeCount, online_series.EpisodesUnWatched, online_series.language, online_series.banner, online_series.FirstAired, online_series.IMDB_ID, online_series.zap2it_id, online_series.EpisodeOrders, online_series.choosenOrder, online_series.ContentRating, online_series.Network, online_series.Rating, online_series.Runtime, online_series.SeriesID, online_series.added, online_series.addedBy, online_series.fanart, online_series.lastupdated, online_series.poster, online_series.myRating, online_series.PosterFileNames, online_series.PosterBannerFileName, online_series.NetworkID, local_series.Parsed_Name, local_series.ID, local_series.ScanIgnore, local_series.DuplicateLocalName, local_series.Hidden from online_series left join local_series on local_series.ID==online_series.ID where local_series.DuplicateLocalName = 0 order by upper(online_series.Pretty_Name)).

Ok, well, I did a pragma integrity_check; on the database within sqlite.exe (download sqlite.exe from sqlite.org, run it from the cmd line with the name of the database, e.g. "sqlite.exe c:\programdata\etc.etc\tvseriesdbetc.db3, then type 'pragma integrity_check;") and found lots of errors. Clearly those errors weren't caused by MP 1.0.1 or TVSeries; somehow I corrupted the database.

Dang it.
    Dash it.
    Confound it all.

uncertainty

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2007
    NYC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm going to hold off on upgrading my Media Portal to 1.01 till we get some clarification on this issue....

Edit. I backed up my databases and did the upgrade from Media Portal upgrade from 1.0 to 1.01 and all went fine. All my TV episodes are available. Keep in mind I was not running any SVN flavor of MyTvseries, just the latest stable release for 1.0.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I have a backup - NOT! I back up my pc's but sadly I overwrote the tape yesterday.

No matter.

The database was corrupt, and there's no way that the update to 1.0.1, nor the change to the latest version of TVSeries could have caused it. Most likely it got corrupt during a hang/reboot or something.

I'm still running a fresh import (8 hours so far, but then again I have 7000+ episodes) and after it's complete I'll make a backup of the db. And a backup of the backup!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom