Update to Windows 10 causes randomly dialog on the top of MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

Mikou

Portal Pro
October 25, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
I update OS to Windows 10 and after that there has been randomly dialog on the top of MediaPortal that tries to open some unknown file. Dialog is asking that which application I would like to use to open that file. If I select e.g. Notepad, it says that c:\program files\team file does not exists, do You want to create it. And other programs do not seem to open that mystical file either. I have tried to check MediaPortal logs but I have not found anything related that file opening, but I'm not sure what should be searched.

Does anyone have any clue what might cause that? Windows 10, MediaPortal or some other application? Any ideas how could I track what is happening and what application/process is trying to launch that file?

Because of that dialog, I cannot use remote controller but I need to use keyboard to close that dialog.

Mikou

Portal Pro
October 25, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
Logs and screenshot of dialog. I deleted all logs yesterday evening and created zip today after coming home from work. During that time at some point that dialog was thrown to UI on the top of MediaPortal.

Attachments

• Dialog.png
    Dialog.png
    31.1 KB

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
1. try to disable FileExplorer plugin and reproduce the message.
2. one of your ASUS software throws errors
Faulting application name: DipAwayMode.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.10240.16384, time stamp: 0x559f3b2a Exception code: 0xc0000409 Fault offset: 0x000b3e28 Faulting process id: 0x6b0 Faulting application start time: 0x01d110e67f99e826 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite III\DIP4\DIPAwayMode\DipAwayMode.exe Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll Report Id: 7851ec22-7b3e-4ed5-ae4b-af96b43819ea Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:
try to resolve this
3. If this dialog will appera again after 1. and 2. - then please post new logs and write exact time when this dialog appeared, as i don't see any evidences that this dialog was called from mediaportal.

Mikou

Portal Pro
October 25, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi,

Took some time because of real life :) but unfortunately I still got that dialog even after resolving those two steps. Please see attached logs again.
Big thanks!

Mikou

Portal Pro
October 25, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
Unfortunately I do not know exact time because dialog is coming every now and then while PC is not used (sleeping while not recording or collecting epg etc.) I have not ever seen dialog appearing while using PC. I'll try to do some test and keep TV on to see if I'll see dialog coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom