Update WMPlayer Plugin to MP 1.2 (1 Viewer)

Douwedijkstr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2007
    Baarn
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Symphy,

I would really appreciate it if you (when finished updating the PureAudio plugin) could update theWMPlayer Plugin to make it accessible in MePo 1.2 BETA. For me it's the only solution to make DTS-Wavs work in Mediaportal (unless anyone has a working solution to converting DTS-WAVS to 6-channel FLAC).

Douwedijkstr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2007
    Baarn
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Again, I'm not talking about PureAudio, but about the WMPlayer Plugin. PureAudio doesn't seem to work for my setup...

kuku

Portal Member
    May 7, 2008
    I would also like to request an update of WMPlayer that is compatible with MP 1.2 beta. I am sticking with MP 1.1.2 until such an update.

Dowedijkstr, I have no problem converting 6-channel DTS wavs into flac with foobar2000. But then I cannot play them properly with the BASS engine. The only way for me to play them is with the xiph directshow filter and WMPlayer.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Again as with PureAudio, this is not an official version so please do not start raising bugs with it.

I have not tested this but it should be updated to work with 1.2

Attachments

• WMPlayer.zip
      13.4 KB

Douwedijkstr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2007
    Baarn
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks Jameson,

Works like a charm!

Kuku, you were right about Foobar2000; as far as I know that's the only program that converts DTS-Wav into FLAC without retaining its DTS-Core. And it's for free, even! I've converted all my Wavs to FLAC and with WMPlayer my life has just become a little bit better :rolleyes:

Thanks again!

Douwedijkstr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2007
    Baarn
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It's odd to reply to my own post, but I'm having the same problem again with MP 1.2.0.0. I can install WMplayer, but nothing seems to happen inside Mediaportal. Or am I missing something?

kuku

Portal Member
    May 7, 2008
    Hmm, here WMPlayer is working great with MediaPortal 1.2.1. Douwedijkstr, did you copy the .dll file in your mediaportal/plugins folder?

Douwedijkstr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2007
    Baarn
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes, I did (the wmplayer.dll from jameson). In fact, I tried both the plugins/windows folder as well as the plugins/process folder. Didn't make any difference. I changed 'Bass Engine' into 'Internal D-show player' in Music. Didn't help. And deleting e.g. FLAC as a known audio format in Music makes MP not allow FLAC files at all. I feel like I'm missing something, but I don't know what it is... Anyone able to help?

P.S. WMplayer does show up in the plugins section of MP Config...

Crabstick

Portal Pro
    June 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I feel like I'm missing something, but I don't know what it is... Anyone able to help?

P.S. WMplayer does show up in the plugins section of MP Config...

Hi,

I am not 100% sure how this plugin is supposed to work but I think it goes like this:
    You configure certain extensions to play with WMPlayer and some others with the internal BASS player.
    That is how I got my DRM protected WMA files to play with WMPlayer and all other (FLAC, OGG, AAC) files are played by the internal player. So add the extension you want to the WMPlayer in the configuration.

Now, I have another issue: when playing a WMA file through WMPlayer and then selecting another, say AAC, file from another album, the WMPlayer does not stop playing but the second file starts to play with the internal player. Now I have two songs playing at the same time. Stop button stops only the second song but the first keeps on playing and can not be stopped. Only after I select another WMA file, I can stop the playback and enjoy silence. Anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom