[Pending] Updated OSInfo.cs (Windows 10 unblocked) (1 Viewer)

Galaphile

Portal Member
January 10, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
EDIT:
I see that there is a more official build provided by the developers. (still preview on preview though) better use that one instead of mine, that way information will be channeled to the right persons aswell
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...alled-on-windows-10-technical-preview.127876/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those that run Windows 10 on their production system and can not live without their favorite tv shows....
included is the diff file to modify OSInfo.cs

I used it to recompile the 1.9.0

not an official supported patch ofcouse :) after compiling (only utils is needed to be compiled) only the file utils.dll needs to be replaced in your mediaportal folder

Attachments

• OSInfo.cs.diff
    2.3 KB
Last edited:

Galaphile

Portal Member
January 10, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Perhaps a code change so people wont have to compile themselves again
All windows versions that are not detected will report NotSupported instead of Blocked so they might run. .... or they wont....

Attachments

• OSInfo.cs.diff
    366 bytes

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm attempting to compile this myself but am a little overwhelmed with all you gotta go through. Galaphile can you upload your compile?

Galaphile

Portal Member
January 10, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Due to the fact that everything in this setup is not supported i only compiled the second diff for you, ("Unsupported"-message still shows up but one can click it away). Utils.dll is the only file that needs to be replaced.
Keep in mind that nobody will support this and the file is provided "as-is"

@Mods if this is not allowed, im sorry for it

Attachments

• Utils.zip
    46.2 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Mods if this is not allowed, im sorry for it
    It is allowed. This is open source! :)
    However, for now the team cannot commit to provide support for people that choose to use MediaPortal 1 with Windows 10. Please do not post bug reports and support requests in other parts of the forum. If you encounter problems, please let us know about it here in this thread. If everything works fine please also let us know here. :)

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    I gotcha. I just didn't want to go through the headache of compiling myself after I saw what all you have to do. You have to download like a hundred different things. I guess I got no choice.

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    I've decided to try and compile this myself but am clueless as to how to do so I'm reading the guides on the wiki.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've decided to try and compile this myself but am clueless as to how to do so I'm reading the guides on the wiki.
    The main things you need are:
    1. The code...
    2. ...which requires git support (eg. TortoiseGIT).
    3. Visual Studio to compile the code.
    4. NuGet Package Manager for Visual Studio.
    You don't need anything else unless you want to build the C++ components (TsReader, TsWriter etc.) or want to build an installer.
    IMO the best instructions are here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_.../Building_MediaPortal_from_source/1_Git_Setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom