[Pending] Updated OSInfo.cs (Windows 10 unblocked) (1 Viewer)

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Nevermind I'm a idiot and misread. The Util file seems to be working :D

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks man! Though I misread earlier I didn't know you just had to replace the utils.dll that worked like a charm. Though I'll keep your post in mind if I ever need to do so thanks again!

Shadowless

Portal Member
January 19, 2009
Home Country
Would there be any need for this patch to be applied for the TV Server Package? My TV Server won't start keeps saying it's incompatible. :p I got the MediaPortal program itself working with this, but not TV Server?

The TV Service won't start at all. :( Says it's been terminated unexpectly. I assume that's because of Windows 10 and not compatible?

Shadowless

Portal Member
January 19, 2009
Home Country
@Shadowless post TV Server log files if you want help.

Have posted two logs. one says it doesn't work in Windows 10. So my outcome is if I want TV back in Media Portal to re-install Windows 8 again. (At the moment I'm using different DVB-T software). Don't worry I expected it to be broken even with the patch for the actual MediaPortal Client package.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There's heaps of logs, im not sure which one to post.
    Just zip them all and attach the zip, and don't worry about which ones I will actually need.

I shouldn't even bother asking about this since technically MediaPortal doesn't really work on Windows 10 Technical Developer Preview.
    Yes, you should bother asking. As I said earlier in the thread: if you have problems running MP on W10 then we want to know about it early (ie. now). Here in this thread is the right place to be asking/talking about it. :)

Shadowless

Portal Member
    January 19, 2009
    Home Country
    Okay, zipped them all up. I should mention that TV Service won't start at all in Services, that error message may have something to do with Windows, not sure.

That message reads as Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectingly.

Hope that helps.

:)
    TV Server logs attached. :)

Attachments

• TV Server Log 20141004.zip
      14.3 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Here is probably the issue:
    [2014-10-04 16:27:55,977] [Log ] [TVService] [ERROR] - *******************************************
    [2014-10-04 16:27:55,993] [Log ] [TVService] [ERROR] - * ERROR, OS can't be used for MediaPortal *
    [2014-10-04 16:27:56,008] [Log ] [TVService] [ERROR] - *******************************************

Common.Utils.dll needs to be updated.

Shadowless

Portal Member
    January 19, 2009
    Home Country
    I thought as such. :) I don't know how to do that lol. That'a development thing isn't it?
    That's the DLL file that does the version checker like the MediaPortal Client's Utils.Dll
    - Does that also cause the Service error then in Services Console?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom