Updating all scores and backdrops (1 Viewer)

alamagar

Portal Pro
August 6, 2008
Hello:

I have all my collection in moving pictures, but I want to update all the scores because there are scores from diferent sources and even there are a lot of movies with no score, and I want to use the scoring of filmaffinity. Is there a way to do it without rescanning the entire metadata for the whole collection?

I also want to update-load the backdrops for the movies that don't have it because I've been using sources with no backdrops: How can I do it without a whole rescanning?

thks in advance.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I have all my collection in moving pictures, but I want to update all the scores because there are scores from diferent sources and even there are a lot of movies with no score, and I want to use the scoring of filmaffinity. Is there a way to do it without rescanning the entire metadata for the whole collection?

This would require modifications to your FilmAffinity scraper-script. I've helped some other users getting this functionality into their scraper-script and I've incorperated it into the IMDb+ scraper-script system (which also supports Spanish via imdb.es), but considering your follow up question below, it's starting to sound like a full blown refresh of entire collection might not be such a bad idea, as you seem to have much more missing data.

I also want to update-load the backdrops for the movies that don't have it because I've been using sources with no backdrops: How can I do it without a whole rescanning?

This is done auto, as long as the movie has a proper reference for the backdrop scraper-script to use, then the backdrop will be obtained without you having to do anything (MovPic scans for missing artwork everytime it starts). The problem you most likely face is that your FilmAffinity scraper-script only does movie-details, perhaps even the cover, but that it leaves backdrops to TheMovieDb scraper-script. For that one to work, it needs the imdb_id to be filled in at the movie-details level of the FilmAffinity scraper-script. You can force this by adding it to the filename or NFO file and hopefully your FilmAffinity scraper-script stores that properly into the database. Its also possible that the FilmAffinity site offers the IMDb IDs for insertion, or that a fuzzy match system is used (very unreliable). Or you can manually correct it afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom