Updating Movie DataBase Problem (1 Viewer)

knajub04

Portal Member
August 8, 2010
Hi Everyone :)

My Problem:

How can i manual update the Movie Database in Mediaportal?? For Example, I have a new Movie in my Movie-Folder and i want to display it in Movie Pictures?? In Context-Menu i can only update existing movies but not new movies in the Folder???

When it is possibly, is there any way to to this automatically at startup????

thanks

knajub04

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi Everyone :)

My Problem:

How can i manual update the Movie Database in Mediaportal?? For Example, I have a new Movie in my Movie-Folder and i want to display it in Movie Pictures?? In Context-Menu i can only update existing movies but not new movies in the Folder???

When it is possibly, is there any way to to this automatically at startup????

thanks

knajub04

Any movie added to your import folders is automatically detected and added into the database, provided the IMDB scraper can properly identify the file and match it up. You can watch this behaviour by keeping the Moving Pictures configuration panel open and adding a new movie via Windows Explorer to your import path (you can also move one out so it gets deleted and then re-add it).

You will see the file get added to the Media Importer field and you will see a blue info icon at the left side. If a match is found it will turn green and after all the information has been obtained it will have a checkmark in it. This process happens in the background if you are running the GUI version, and you will experience a short flash when the movie list gets updated with the new entry.

Now if your file in the configuration screen remains with the blue info icon, it means automatic matching failed, so you either have to adjust the importer settings or advanced settings to be more riskier in matching, or you need to start using better filenames, use NFO files that contain an imdb tt.... number (and enable the option), or simply add the tt.... number to your filenames.

Example:

Avatar [2009].avi = Works, because only a single movie with that title was released in 2009.
    Avatar [2010].avi = Works, provided you have the year-distance setting at '1'

Love [2009].avi = not guaranteed to work, as multiple movies got released in that year with same title
    Love (tt1540979) [2009].avi = Works, because it will directly use the IMDB ID for a guaranteed match.

knajub04

Portal Member
    August 8, 2010

In Future will there be option to choose the movie in MediaPortal directly, so I dont have to go into the Media Portal Configuration-Manager?

Another Questen, maybe someone can help me:

Is there any option to set a "Dummy Cover" for not-founding entries? So that I dont have blank covers in movie pictures????

thanks

knajub04

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

In Future will there be option to choose the movie in MediaPortal directly, so I dont have to go into the Media Portal Configuration-Manager?

Another Questen, maybe someone can help me:

Is there any option to set a "Dummy Cover" for not-founding entries? So that I dont have blank covers in movie pictures????

thanks

knajub04

Yes, there is an existing Google Code issue to add support to pick the right movie within GUI, but no timetable as to when that will be finished. You are more then welcome to pickup C# and help the developers add it in :)

That blank cover you see is in fact an image, so replace it with an image you prefer then for 'dummy cover'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom