Updating music database (2 Viewers)

Spagbol

Portal Member
June 23, 2006
I couldn't find an answer to this even though I searched so I hope it's not covered elsewhere.

Is there a way of adding albums/tracks to the existing music database rather than rebuilding it each time? I have roughly 20,000 tracks and if I want to just add 4 or 5 more albums I am having to rescan the entire lot which takes a while. Surely there's a way to just add the new ones whilst keeping the existing data?

Thanks for any help :)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    You could enable the musicsharewatcher-plugin in setup...this should keep your db up to date...

Cheers,

Paloema

Spagbol

Portal Member
    June 23, 2006
    Thanks for the replies... neither seem to work for me though.

Navigating to the new album folder in shares view and scanning it doesn't add it to my music db as when I change to Artist view (my preferred view) it doesn't show up.

Same with the MusicShareWatcher plugin - it's on in MP config but copying the folder to my share directory does nothing. Isn't it supposed to automatically create the entries in the database upon creation/change/deleting?

Any thoughts?

Running 0.2.2.0 (not SVN) btw.

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    have you made sure that you ticked the box in the music database option in config ?

and also enable the watcher plugins in the plugins section of the config.

take the folder out your music folder and then move it back in once you have all them enabled.

Spagbol

Portal Member
    June 23, 2006
    Plugin is definitely enabled and Monitor shares for changes and update database option is checked.
    Double checked that all tags are filled correctly.
    Deleted album and copied it back into share... added a different album too... still not showing in my music list in any view (apart from Shares obviously) even after a restart just in case it needs to refresh the db somehow.

:confused:

Just checked my running processes whilst MP is running and there's no entry for musicsharewatcher - as it's running as a plugin, I guess I wouldn't see a seperate entry for it?

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    which MP build are you using ?

it works fine for me (and others), so you must have some other issue causing it not to work

Spagbol

Portal Member
    June 23, 2006
    Just using 0.2.2.0 no SVN or other patches.
    Thanks for your help. I'll have a play around and see if I can find what's causing the problems!

murf

Portal Member
    February 16, 2006
    Same problem here, I allways need to rebuild the entire db to add one album, the auto update plugin has no effect and the Scan option make MP crash 2 times on 3 and doesn't add the album when it decide to work.

Tried with 0.2.1.0 (Scan option doesn't crash mp but still doesn't work); 0.2.2.0 and last svn with same effect.

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    if any of you want to see if this can be resolved for you, you are going to need to post logs and full system specs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom