Updating Site List - "Run As" Dialog Box Appears? (1 Viewer)

Airw0lf

Portal Pro
April 19, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi,

I recently installed OnlineVideos and have been successful in using it.

However, I ran into a problem when trying to update my site list. I want to update my sites now and then so I chose the option to ask me each time whether I want to update my sites. Whenever I decide to update the site list, everything goes well until the end where a "Run As" dialog box (similar to the image below) appears:

run_as_dialog.jpg

I have stuck with the current user each time and have not got any errors. I have checked in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal and I can see that changes have been made inside "OnlineVideoSites.xml."

Note that I am using Windows XP SP3 and I am NOT running as Administrator. My question is - what is OnlineVideos trying to do here? Does it really need admin access?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is trying to copy new dlls that have been downloaded to a temporary directory into the MediaPortal dir, which is probably insode C:\ProgramFiles, which ius write protected for non admin users.

Airw0lf

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks. I just adjusted the permissions on C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos and now the problem is solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom