Upgrade broke live TV (1 Viewer)

S

Surfrider

I've been using 1.15 since release and it's worked fine. I recently tried upgrading to 1.16 and it seems to have killed my live TV ability. I also noticed that Windows10 updated during a reboot, so now I'm not sure what the problem is. I tried cold-boot, and even re-installed 1.15 but still no luck. Got recent drivers for the Hauppauge 1265 cards I'm using and that didn't help either.

Any ideas?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You're missing TV Server log files and configuration information there. For that reason I'm still unable to see what the problem is.
    I'd much prefer that you use the provided Watchdog tool - option 1 ("report a bug...") - to start MP and reproduce the problem. It collects all the information we need in order to assist you.

S

Surfrider

ok sorry. didnt know about watchdog. hopefully this is what you need. thanks for your patience.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Perfect (y)

This looks similar to the problem reported here:
    [solved] - tv tuner Stopped getting signal

In that case the cause turned out to be Avast anti-virus interfering with the tuner driver and/or TV Server.
    I see that you have Avast installed. Therefore please try updating, disabling or uninstalling Avast.

S

Surfrider

Just uninstalled Avast, looks like that was the problem. I'm running 1.16 now and all seems good. Still seems odd that it happened after my Windows upgrade. Maybe it's a combination of Avast and some change in Windows that did it. Either way, thanks for the help!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just uninstalled Avast, looks like that was the problem. I'm running 1.16 now and all seems good.
    Great. :)

Still seems odd that it happened after my Windows upgrade. Maybe it's a combination of Avast and some change in Windows that did it.
    The reports we've had from other people indicate it's purely an Avast issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom