Upgrade from 1.10Pre->1.12Pre broke Mediaportal completely.....again:-(

Discussion in '1.11.0 Pre Release' started by msj33, May 20, 2015.

1. msj33
    • Premium Supporter

msj33 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +69 / 3
    Home Country:
    England England
    Hi

For the 2nd time within latest releases the upgrade procedure from a previos release ends up killing my MePo installation.

After the upgrade procedure(next next next!), Mediaportal won't even launch any longer.....only shows a working mouse and nothing else happens. Same problem as last upgrade(Where I ended up doing full reinstall)

Can somebody please assist in tracing this bug down, thx
    have attached watchdog logs

Eventlog application erro:
    Navn på program med fejl: MediaPortal.exe, version: 1.9.100.0, tidsstempel: 0x545debcc
    Navn på modul med fejl: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18839, tidsstempel: 0x553e88ab
    Undtagelseskode: 0xe0434352
    Forskydning med fejl 0x0000c42d
    Proces-id 0x570
    Programmets starttidspunkt 0x01d093279b1a7033
    Programsti: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe
    Modulsti: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
    Rapport-id: d9ab0228-ff1a-11e4-b4fe-002522b527f7

/Morten

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,400 / 21
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi,

The error message is unfortunately not telling much (unknown software exception). Could you also post the mediaportal logs please? The zip above contains only the tvserver files.

Besides this you may also want to relaunch the instzaller and select "Re-Install" as option to repair a broken installation. However, it may be that essential files like the config are damaged and need to be repaired/replaced. The mediaportal.log should give more insight.

4. msj33
    • Premium Supporter

msj33 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +69 / 3
    Home Country:
    England England
    Sorry....can't do that........the logs folder remains completely empty:-( - I do recall somebody saying last time it occured that a general config file(xml?) was corrupt, and the issue might be easily resolved by deleting the file and the medpo generates a new one.

/Morten

5. msj33
    • Premium Supporter

msj33 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +69 / 3
    Home Country:
    England England
    Hmmmm........reinstalling don't help.......weird thing is that the application installation only shows Tvserver(another version is already installed) - no client..........installation completes without errors. But still no working MePo:-(

6. msj33
    • Premium Supporter

msj33 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +69 / 3
    Home Country:
    England England
    Renaming programdata folders does not change any behaviour

7. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

Ratings:
    +2,400 / 21
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    This would mean that no client installation took place and that the whole upgrade process got messed up in terms of being a server-only setup now.

There is a way to extract the client installer from the package and run it separately in order to get a working MediaPortal client setup in parallel to the server. @Sebastiii : Could you give a quick explanation to msj33 how to install the client on top of an existing server setup?

A better way might be to start again: Did you by chance back up the existing MePo directories (Program Files and AppData folders)? If yes, you may just uninstall MediaPortal and run the installer again to create a virgin setup (the TV database should still be there), then copy your back-up data from the AppData directories (logos, music database, etc.).

• Like Like x 1
  8. regeszter
    • Team MediaPortal

regeszter Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +5,152 / 18
    Home Country:
    Hungary Hungary
    Go to temp folder of your user profile. Find and run the MediaPortal Installation\deploy\package-mediaportal.exe Try to reinstall the MP client.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Add to Wiki! Add to Wiki! x 1
  9. Nervesagent

Nervesagent Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    For me after upgrade all my dvbip channels got garbled. Like some interpreter went over the stream urls and replaced them.

10. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

Ratings:
    +2,400 / 21
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    This is an interesting finding, which should not get lost. Could you therefore post your finding together with logs in the respective bug section please?

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  11. Nervesagent

Nervesagent Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    Unfortunately I don't have the logs anymore. I've been resolving some other issues. This could also have been caused by the backup plugin that I used to backup settings just before I upgraded. The fix is pretty simple: just put the right url back in your channel. I'm sure anybody that uses DVBIP will have the same issue, if it was really caused by the upgrade.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!