Upgrade from 1.2 to 1.3 (1 Viewer)

caveman

Portal Pro
August 2, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Country flag
I just did the upgrade to the version 1.3 but unfortunatly when i now try to start the TV Server it just stopes.
I did stop the TV Server when i did the upgrade.
However i did not the "enable the "all users" option" most because i couldnt find it..

Hope somebody can help me so i can see some TV again :)

Error:
The only thing in the log folder for TV Server
2013-03-16 15:03:15.389239 [(4)]: Setting up EventWaitHandle with name: Global\MPTVServiceInitializedEvent
2013-03-16 15:03:15.701257 [(6)]: Tvservice stopped due to an unhandled app domain exception System.TypeLoadException: Method 'StartRecording' in type 'TvService.TVController' from assembly 'TvService, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.
at TvService.TvServiceThread.OnStart()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

caveman

Portal Pro
August 2, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Country flag
Any way i can try to reinstall only the TVServer just to check if that is the problem?
Or would that "just" be a clean install of only a TV Server?
But i do not whant to delete my DB.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Any way i can try to reinstall only the TVServer just to check if that is the problem?
    Or would that "just" be a clean install of only a TV Server?
    But i do not whant to delete my DB.

You can install the TVServer seperatly by running package-tvengine.exe which you will find in C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Temp\MediaPortal Installation\deploy

Settings should be saved.

AppData is a hidden folder, so you need to make all folder visible.

caveman

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Country flag
    Did try..
    Got 2 errors
    1 from Power Scheduler ++ (Error opening file for writing) powerscheduler.interfaces.dll
    Same error on the YVControle.dll
    YTVLibrary.interfaces.dll

Renamed them both manualy
    Then at least it instaledd

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I think that this is a different exception to the others that have been reported. This is what happened: I woke the system from hibernation. From the Windows 7 desktop, I pressed the START button on the remote control to start MP 1.25f. On the MP splash screen, the "Starting TV Server" text appeared unexpectedly. After a long wait...
    I think that this is a different exception to the others that have been reported. This is what happened: I woke the system from...
    I think that this is a different exception to the others that have been reported. This is what happened: I woke the system from...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello, sometimes TV-Server (1.10.0) crashes directly after the system resuming from standby with a MySql Timeoutexpired: [2015-03-20 21:36:31,671] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - Controller: GrabEpg on card ID == 5 [2015-03-20 21:36:31,671] [EPG ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - EpgGrabbing: Start [2015-03-20 21:36:33,313] [Log ] [19...
    Hello, sometimes TV-Server (1.10.0) crashes directly after the system resuming from standby with a MySql Timeoutexpired...
    Hello, sometimes TV-Server (1.10.0) crashes directly after the system resuming from standby with a MySql Timeoutexpired...
    Replies
    Views
    (y) Oh, for sure! Please don't get me wrong. I really appreciate you reporting it. (y) On this occasion I think the log entry being an error is a bit misleading (sorry). As long there's nothing else going on in connection with it I think we can safely leave it. The main reason I'm not going further and trying to eliminate or...
    (y) Oh, for sure! Please don't get me wrong. I really appreciate you reporting it. (y) On this occasion I think the log entry...
    Updated from MP1.12 to MP1.16 over the weekend. No major install problems, just usual grumpiness getting new install working. On...
    Replies
    Views
    That was it. My speakers were unplugged at the PC end while I was installing the new card so sound was switched off line - no audio output. Thanks so much to both of you for quick and spot on replies
    That was it. My speakers were unplugged at the PC end while I was installing the new card so sound was switched off line - no...
    Hi All, I have Media Portal 1.13.0 Final on Win10. Client and server are both on same PC. I upgraded video card from NVidia...
    Replies
    Views
    Ok, will do.
    Ok, will do.
    Hi @ltfearme, I'm getting this error as soon as I open MP and go to TV-Series plugin, and it crashes. Stack trace implies it's...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom