Upgrade from GA-MA78GM-DS2H to Nvidia 9300 or extra GPU? (2 Viewers)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

At the moment i've the GA-MA78GM-DS2H - but i cannot use Vector Adaptive Deinterlacing with my Athlon X2 4200ee and i don't want to change the CPU to power hungry phenom.

As the ATI drivers are making me really crazy - since two days i suddently cannot even use motion adaptive deinterlacing - i'm thinking about switching to a Nvidia 9300 Motherboard.

Which Chip does the better deinterlacing? Does nvidia also support vector adaptive deinterlacing? Can i use it with my simple Athlon X2?

Stefan

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    uff - so i can only switch to a 790GX with Sideport memory? Is it then possible to use my Athlon X2 with Vector Adaptive deinterlacing?

Is the Asrock A780GXH/128M an alternative? Does there Vector Adaptive work fine with 1080i and an Athlon X2?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

About the Vector Adaptive Deinterlacing, apparently the avivo codec is the only one that fully supports this, are you using it :)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm using PDVD 8 it supports it too - as far as i know - it does also work on my second HTPC but it is with an external HD2600XT,

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Spragleknas
    Thanks for your answer.

But a 790GX with sideport memory does not require a HT3 CPU right? What is about a 780GX with sideport? And both do support vector adaptive deinterlacing? It's a real mobo / combo jungle.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Having two HTPCs with ATI 780G and Nvidia 8200 I'd certainly go for the ATI (if you don't need 7.1 LPCM sound over HDMI).
    If you cannot manage to get the 780G working you'll struggle with Nvidia as well :(

Do you not even get the option to override the Deinterlacer to anything better than Bob?

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    rtv
    The problem is a little bit more complicated. The last 3 weeks everything was working fine - no problems. I can use motion adaptive deinterlacing - vector adaptive is only working with Phenom CPU. Then suddently after installing latest SVN - can't remember installing anything else cause it is only a htpc in the bedroom the cpu cooler started to run at 100%. I checked everything and every deinterlacing methods are gone except for Bob. Only when i disable Aero i can select motion adaptive but when i play a video it jumps back to Bob.

As i don't want to change my CPU and i want vector adaptive my idea was to change the mobo to one that can handle vector adaptive without changing to a phenom.

Nivida was only an idea :)

> Do you not even get the option to override the Deinterlacer to anything better than Bob?
    I think you the registry hack with vforcedeint option. This only works until cat 8.10 and does not work with newer drivers.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Did you consider adding a HD3450 (cheap!) and use ATi's hybrid crossfire feature? (NB: I haven't read all that much about it, though).
    I "had" to upgrade my 690G w/ a 3450, and I'm quite happy with it (no hybrid crossfire feature).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom